herelp! Old problem, solution not working tho.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tricky Shoa, Mar 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tricky Shoa

Tricky Shoa Member

I find the game crashing when I try to access nulb or hommlet from the map (even with teleport). I've tried it with anti-aliasing off and on. Any ideas to what I can do. I just got scather an' all.

if there is a download fix for this, is it less that 1mb? Because I only have t'internet at work and only have access to floppy disc (I know, I'll pass on your hellos to Fred and Barney).

oh, did anyone else have rufus leave the party voluntarily when entering the node and then attack then party?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

my first thought...clear the map cache

hint - Search the forums for clear map cache on what that means and how to do it.

Hopefully, that does the trick.

3. Tricky Shoa

Tricky Shoa Member

Thanks, will give that a gp/

4. Tricky Shoa

Tricky Shoa Member

um, didnt work. I can go to other places, just not the towns. I have no modules fitted.

Would buying the 'budget' version sort me out?

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It may be you just have a bad installation of ToEE and possibly one or more corrupted game saves.

Suggestion: Open the Control Panel; open Add or Remove Programs; uninstall Co8 4 MOD; uninstall ToEE; open Windows Explorer or My Computer and delete all of the remaining ToEE game folders; reboot the computer; install ToEE; apply the Atari Patch1 and Patch2; install the Co8 4.0.0 MOD; and reboot the computer.

7. Tricky Shoa

Tricky Shoa Member

Solved prob, found this on another site (will tell if asked)

Jaer " weaver from Nulb. Throws a special kind of low-level fire splash grenade as his attack. There's a pre-patch crash bug in that if you travel on the world map with Jaer in your party, the game locks up"

so off to kill jaer

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

New one on me. Interesting though. Thanks for posting the solution to add to the hive mind

edit: hmm, what's up with the thumbs up and thumbs down smilies? Click on thumbs up and get thumbs down. Strangeness.

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The board only parses the 'thumbs' part, well known issue - take a wander thru the 'site and forum feedback' section Zeb, but take a torch, its dark and lonely in there!

I wonder if the Jaer thing is an ongoing issue that no one has ever noticed cause no-one ever recruits him?

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I'm sure I've recruited him, and succesfully rescued him, but IIRC I teleported with him directly to Nulb, I did the same with Allrems brother (can't remember his name, but it's something similar to Allrem - they're parents mustn't have been too imaginative).

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

That problem with Jear's fireballs was mentioned in the release notes for one of the first Co8 patches. I guess I really am the only one who reads them.

It never occured to me that that was the problem because at that point in the game I always teleport out of the temple back to Nulb or Homlett. It takes to long to walk and who wants to muck about with the pathetic random encounters when your that level.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Never had a problem with Jaer, and I've always rescued him. Never teleported him, either. Always walked out & took him home to Nulb. Maybe the trouble is related to taking him other places...?

Allrem's brother is Ashrem.

Our Host!