Help with Humble NPC's?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Albyen, Dec 1, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Albyen

Albyen Member

Hello All,

I purchased TOEE a few years ago and brought it back out to play and it had been a while. The first problem I ran into was that the game wouldn't start normally with the play disc in the drive. I got too researching and found this site and sorcerer's. I downloaded TOEE official Patch's 2 and 3 and no CD crack's 1.o and 1.o update from Sorceror's and maybe another site. I started playing through the game and realized that the NPC's were looting really good items and being encumbered at the most awful times. I then researched and found a Humble NPC's mod on Sorceror's for TOEE with no modding and it supposed to work with the official patch 3. The Temple.DLL file that unzipped works with the game but it won't help with the NPC's and I can't manage NPC inventories, I have tried to use a barter window to mule items from NPC's to PC's and tried moving the Items to the PC's Portrait but keep getting the message that those items aren't trabeable. The only problem I can figure is that maybe I am gonna have to restart from scratch and play the game from the start to get the NPC's to work right since I am trying to get the mod to work after I load a saved game file. well any input would be appreciated to help with this problem.
    I would rather play through the vanilla version of the game before I go for the mods.

does anyone know if the mod works or if I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Do you mean that 'Humble NPCs for v3 by Roman' thing at Sorcerer's Place? It didn't come from us, so we can't say whether it works or not or how it works. Sorry.

3. Albyen

Albyen Member

Yes that's what I am reffering too. I would hate to start all over but that maybe the issue since I added the mod after I had already added a couple of npc's to the party.

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Don't use patch 3 but do use Co8's humble_npc and your problems are solved. Atari patch 3 isn't compatible with co8 mods anyway. It's useless.

Our Host!