Help a noob

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MR_Krinkle, Jun 6, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

Hey I need help. I just started toee and I am not sure I made a decent party

My party consists of a Sorcerer,cleric,Rogue,barbarian,druid. I am having trouble in clearing out the moat.

Any tips on what to do would be great:dribble:

Edit: I am not new to this game:p just that when I first played it I did not now what to do once I was in the temple.

Should I post more details on my party.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I would say to get rid of either the cleric or the druid, most likely the druid. Replace that one with a straight fighter.

3. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Or you are not using your spells to the full potential. A druid's entangle spell is very often a lifesaver.

4. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

And is the rogue worth having?

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Depends on your play style. I've never felt the need for a pure rogue, but others swear by them. I usually go for a rogue-ranger or rogue-fighter multiclass, some prefer elven rogue-wizards.

I think you could easily get by with the party you originally created - what level are you at when you go to the moathouse? You may want to do some townie fedex quests or (if you're playing 5.8NC) check out Welkwood Bog for a level or two before attempting the moathouse.

6. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I am on a limited cap so I don't have the new content. So I will have a look around the town for some easy quests. My parties at level is one at the moment.

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Or if the Fedex quests bore you, just walk back and forth from town for some random encounters. This will also get you some equipment and quick cash to upgrade your armor and weapons.

Multiclass that druid into a fighter, ranger, or barbarian. Entangle is great, but the druid spells such in comparison to wizards or clerics.

8. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I was thinking of multiclassing my druid to be a fighter. My rogue uses a short bow.

Are ranged weapons any good in this game?

Edit: The entangle spell works like a charm:hug:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  9. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

I personally am playing through the game right now with a party of four (fighter, cleric, wizard, rogue archer). The cleric also serves as a secondary fighter with divine might, while the rogue kinda sucks in the beginning. I just now got improved invisibility and want to use it to give the rogue more opportunity to deal sneak damage.

10. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

I am nearly done with the side quests for the village. I have to go and find a holy artifact for the head priest of st cathbart(Sorry I can't think of the spelling right now:twitch:)

11. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I would perhaps advise you to finish the moathouse and Welkwood Bog first before going to retrieve the artifact. If you feel you got curbstomped in the moathouse, Emridy Meadows will not be as forgiving as the moathouse.

12. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

Is this welwood bog new content?

13. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

And don't forget to take bludgeoning weapons for the skeletons.

14. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Ranged weapons are necessary in the early game, I like to entangle, grease, web in the beginning, then sit back and snipe away. But once you get into the temple, the rooms and hallways are small, so you are right on top on the enemies and ranged becomes less and less useful. In fact on my next run through i will forgo all ranged feats and stick to what works best.

Also keeping a backup bludgeoning weapon in the back pack for all those oozes, slimes, and fungi is a good idea.

15. MR_Krinkle

MR_Krinkle Member

My rogue/ranger is the only one with a bow. But I have not used any feats for bows for my rogue/ranger. All my feats have gone towards my malee

Have been to the temple that is were I just stopped(I got lost and did not have a clue what to do) That was when the game first came out.

I finally did the quest for the amulet for the priest and it took me the whole day.

The skeleton priest and guards were tough and my party was only level 2. I have decided my druid is also going to be a fighter. Now I must clear out the moat house :tombstone:

Our Host!