Halfling saingham

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Giligan, May 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Giligan

Giligan Member

What's up with this weapon? I have a halfling monk (level1) and the game claims he isn't proficient in it.

2. Blackbelt Jones

Blackbelt Jones Member

Yeah, I noticed that too. Upon looking at the Protos file, I also noticed that it does NOT have the correct critical range set either. The Saingham and the Kurki are both supposed to Crit at 18-20, but the game sets them at 19-20.

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

they might need correction.

4. Alporik

Alporik Member

I did not have this problem with the Halfling Siangham. My halfling monk (level 1) was able to swing it - dual wield two of them actually.

My concern is what happened when I decided to try something different - I traded in my Halfling Sianghams for Kamas.

Unfortunately, while my flurry gave me an extra attack with the Halfling Sianghams, it does not do so for the kamas. The description of the Flurry Attack feat seems to treat the weapons as equivalent. The only thing I can guess is that a kama for medium creatures is not a kama for purposes of a halfling. The bummer is that - if I am right about that - then there are zero other monk weapons for halflings. I.e., every halfling monk is stuck with sianghams as the only weapon choice. I like to change of weapons just for fun and appearances, so this is quite a drag. Anyone else find a weapon that a halfling monk can use as an actual monk weapon - i.e., with flurry attack?

5. Alporik

Alporik Member

A bit more testing yielded some odd results:

When reduce person was cast on the halfling, he lost his flurry attack with the halfling sianghams.
    When enlarge person was cast on the halfling, he did kept his flurry attack with the halfling sianghams.

and

he now had his flurry attack with the kamas, which he did not have when he was his usual size.

Results by size: When tiny, no flurry with either; when small, sianghams-yes, kamas-no; when medium, sianghams-yes, kamas-yes.

I can't figure out the mechanics that results in this.

However, I am impressed with an engine that can render both my mouse-sized tiny halfling and the huge troll. I need to get them together in one party.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The issue seems to be size related, the PC alters in size but the weapon doesn't, perhaps making all monk weapons size "tiny" in the protos.tab would work to make them all usable by our pint sized heroes.

I would have suggested a more eloquent fix by altering the sizes of the weapons held by the character when the spell is cast and adding a time event to revert the change when the spell is due to expire... (which is also probably possible) but that's complicated python scripting and bound to screw up regularly (especially if I try coding it).

Our Host!