Guns, Guardian Angels, Vigilantes, and Dirty Looks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mielikki, Dec 5, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

Re: Wannabe cam-hos apply here

men n their guns... sheesh!

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you know you love them, all girls only pretend not to like them untill they get one in their hands and then they're grining just like the boys.

3. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

oh u know some of us too well...lol. i do love going to the range and shooting with my husband. it is a total thrill!

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

...like some boys...

...and also depends why the grinning... :hahano:

which it's not the same that having some love in a shooting...that would be a thrill! :p

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Mielikki said:
    oh u know some of us too well...lol. i do love going to the range and shooting with my husband. it is a total thrill!

I must agree that shooting targets can be fun............shooting crackheads, now that's the best fun. I just wish I could get one to break into my house. Down here in Florida we have the Castle Doctrine which allows us to protect ourselves with DEADLY FORCE! heh heh

I've tried leaving the windows open so they can see the wide screen, maybe a sign saying good loot inside. heh heh

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

In Pasadena, which is immediately east of Houston, a 61 year old man shot two men who broke into his neighbor's house. He called 911, waited 20 minutes, then went out and shot them himself. A plain-clothes cop that had already arrived witnessed the shooting. He's probably in big trouble. The burglars both died. They were illegal immigrants, black, and probably in a burglary ring that targets immigrants. I appreciate what he did, but I'm not sure I want him for a neighbor. (More for me to play with.)
    I'm also in the Houston Guardian Angels. We deal with crackheads all the time. They have friendly "personalties" at first, because they want something from you, then they get desperate and dehumanized. It's amazing how many people they fool.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The Beach Boys were right - little old people from Pasadena are a menace!

8. sirchet

GuardianAngel82 :

My hat's off to you, giving your time to help make things better for all is very commendable.

ps...............you guys do make a difference!

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Hey, thanks for the tip of the hat. I joined in 1982. In fact, I was recruited by a guy I played tabletop DnD with.
    Actually, I know we make a difference, because we get to intervene in a situation AS IT'S HAPPENING. (Citizens can make arrests only in incidents they are witnesses to.) Sometimes we get there too late. But we can at least give the victim a little comfort and respect after the abuse they just received. Sometimes we score big, and the drop-jaw looks we get from police when we hand over punks, stolen goods, weapons, victims and witnesses ready to go are well worth it. Unfortunately, the former are more common than the latter. But they are STILL well worth it.

10. Mielikki

Mielikki Member

shooting anyone for stealing is WRONG! that man should and hopefully will go to prison for the rest of his life. we have laws to protect us from the criminal acts that the burgalars were doing and from the psychotic vigilanty actions of the shooter. it is not a perfect system but if u dont like it move to another country! lock your doors, bar your windows, install a security system or dont own anything u mind being stolen. sorry to rant...

11. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Like, wow. Way to get political guys.

12. Half Knight

I thought you liked guns ;)

Joking, I completely agree.

My father was attacked by two police dogs, just because a neghbour thought it looked suspicious.
    He was coming home from work, it was dark and cold so he was wearing a longcoat and a hat, so the woman thought wrong.
    The thing is that she entered her house, and released the dogs. That's "psychotic vigilanty" not prevention or self defense, since she was already safe inside.

My house has a tree in the front. One day, i see this guy, hiding behind it (it's a really big tree), he looked nervous and was watching a girl across the street; then i hear the guy mumbles "i'm going to kill you...bitch...i'm going to kill you"...
    but what can be done? I stand there, just in case, an finally the girl entered her home, and the guy left. I can't shoot him, or say anything, cos he didn't do anything...and he was tresspassing through strictly speaking.

But, as things are in my country, if someone enters with tefth intentionts in my house, he would probably have the beating of his life...if he's armed, i would shoot him right there.

Sadly, things are getting harsher, when an old lady of 83 years old, it's tied to a chair, beaten, then burned to talk about the money, and then beaten to death with a hammer... i would not have respect for the life of someone who do that, and can do that to my family.

But i wouldn't promote civil vigilants...

This could be an interesting, but longwinded debate, so i'll just shut up.

I agree with that too!

btw...who you are trying to fool?
    A Lolth priestess???

You probably have bunnys and birdies jumping and chirping around! :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  13. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Not quite :> I look real cute and nice but I'm really evil sometimes. :evil_laug

14. Half Knight

A dangerous combination. :giggle:

And more useful than mine: i look really evil, but i'm cute and nice on the inside :p
    The 4 years old daughter of a friend called me diablo once... :sadblinky

But it works at the kinder or school:
    i don't have to shout, i just say "quiet" with a serious face, and everyone's faces turn white, they make "glup", and shut up...:grin:

of course, it works only with kids :p

15. sirchet

The castle Doctrine..hb248 clearly states that if you have the right to be there and legally own and operate a weapon, you have the RIGHT to defend yourself and loved ones with deadly force.

I know this seems unfair for any criminal who happens to stumble upon one of us who believe in this legal system and uphold the law.

btw.......I would NEVER leave America........I served as a US Army Ranger, 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment and received two extra holes in my body defending this great country's interests abroad.

I stand by my statement.........someone breaks into MY home when my family is home, they will not leave under their own power.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!