Great Search Utility

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Cerulean the Blue, Apr 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I was looking for a search utility that could search inside of .dlg and .py files, and came across this one: Agent Ransack.

There is a small learning curve to use it, but there are tutorials and full help files. Once you master it, you can search multiple folders at a time. It even has a preview pane to show where you search term show up in the files. And you can use wildcards in the search.

Using it I just discovered that Liv did not use any global flags in the 700s, even though she claimed to have used 700-899. And that was in just one search.

Do you want to figure out what global flag 38 is for? Plug it into Agent Ransack and search all the dlg and scr folders in the game, and those in ToEE4.dat (extracted) as well. It will find all the files it shows up in, and the lines in which it appears. Double clicking on the file will open it in your preferred program.

I highly recommend this app. And best of all, it's free.

You can download it here.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Or, if u r using Windows 98, just use the 'search within document' thing in 'Find' on the start menu.

Sorry Blue, u know I had to ;)

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

4. Cerulean the Blue

Your right Morpheus, that is a good app.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

anyone got a spare 10mins? If so then could you make a list of all the used vars and what they do (if you can tell)

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I am using global_vars[52] for the record, I did a search for it a few days ago and it was free, so I used it :)

I suspect there may be a few where the flag has been assigned but not the corresponding variable, or visa versa.

7. Cerulean the Blue

@Cujo: rufnredde is on that project. He is having some difficulty at the moment, but I expect great results.

Our Host!