Game locks up at the first optin screen

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Mar 25, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Win7 Pro 64 bit

TOEE 7.1.0

ASUS Laptop with nVidia mobile graphics card.

I have activated the module successfully, (disabled intro video) and when I choose play it loads the black screen with the play and other options, (white words on black screen).

The mouse stops being responsive and I have to ctrl/alt/del my way out of the game.

The mouse freezes about the same time the back ground music starts.

Any ideas guys?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Some players have reported that if they select the 'disable intro' option in TFE-X, then their game freezes within a few seconds of loading the game's main menu. If this happens to you, then you need to select the 'enable intro' option in TFE-X in order to get your game working normally again. Circle of Eight forum member Rocktoy reported that pressing Alt Tab got his game working again after it froze at the game's main menu.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Yeah, there are various things that can cause that sort of behavior. (Personally that happens for me when I press ALT-TAB.) I suspect that it has to do more with Windows than ToEE - e.g., Windows wants to do something (or maybe some Windows function gets referenced at that point after the game launches), which causes that disconnect, and so on ...

Kind of stupid really but we are talking about ToEE and Windows together, after all. ;)

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Thanks guys, gonna try that.

I'm on the road in Toronto Canada and tried loading TOEE on my laptop.

I can ctrl/alt/del out of the freeze.

I'll try alt/tab when it freezes and report back.

And to all the Canadians on our forum, now I see why everyone speaks so well of Canada. Everyone I've met has been nice and the views are breath taking.

EDIT: OK, enabling the intro movie has my game back running normally. Why? How? Who knows .... another of the mysterious idiosyncrasies of TOEE.

Thanks gazra_1971 ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
Our Host!