Game CTD when using the Inn book

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by yoshibuddha, Mar 31, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. yoshibuddha

yoshibuddha Member

Re: Common Issues and Solutions

I have 8 characters in my party, thanks to the Co8 4.0.0 console, however, when I try to replace one of the characters by clicking on that book in the INN in Homllet, the game crashes. Any fix for this ?

2. HarperRanger

HarperRanger Member

From what I understand, there is no fix for this. Once you have your party set up, unless you are replacing a character, you can't start with 7 characters, then go to the book and try to add another in. You have to start with your 6-8 characters from the beginning.

I installed the Co8 pack in Jan. I don't know if they have developed any mod packs in the past 60 days or so that would let us do this. I wish. When I got the game, I started without the mod pack with only 5 characters. Now that party is level 10+ with the Co8 pack, I would love to add a couple classes to my current game but I can't:(

I've started a couple new games with 7 characters, one CE allignment and one NG (playing straight N game now), but I haven't leveled those game characters past level 2 yet. Been trying to get above level 10 on my current N game.

Harper Ranger

3. yoshibuddha

yoshibuddha Member

Thanks man!

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Try searching for more info on this; you should be able to add characters using the book. They'll be 1st level, but can join the party. The game crashes when you go over the limit of 8 characters. What's more, I believe this is 5 PC's & 3 NPC's, but I could be wrong in this regard. Bringing in any other party members spells disaster for a game with the maximum # of characters already. This happens especially in circumstances where you have to lead a newly encountered person to safety. The game can't handle it, and it would take a .dll hack to fix it. This isn't within the scope of what is possible for the modders....yet.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@PBatt, firstly, this is the wrong thread to ask questions in, secondly, you should have the no-cd crack for the last official patch you installed (youshould be using version 2 for both patch and no-cd crack), thirdly you must extract the no-cd crack's .rar file and paste the new .exe file into the game's root folder and overwrite the old .exe file.

@A moderator, could we get a cleanup in this thread please.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

@Allyx: Your wish is my command. Moved to a new thread.

'Twas Time for some spring cleaning! :)

Our Host!