Game Bugs(SPOILER NOTE!)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Herkum, Mar 21, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Herkum

Herkum Member

I was going to posts these on the Atari boards but they will not accept a yahoo email address. :(

Anyways I found these three bugs and hopefully someone will be able to do something with it.

1)Rescue Piada, I was playing a normal game, with patch 1.0. Found her, returned to village. She was unhappy, oh well. Return back to Temple and she was back in the bedroom, with the equipment I had given her and still with an attitude... Do not think that she should have returned back to the Temple after being rescued.

2)Hold Portal scroll. Purchased from the Wizard in Hommlet(Bryne). However my Wizard is not giving the option of learning the spell. In the rule book with the game it mentions it as a Sorceress/Wizard spell at first level but looking back at the available spells for a Wizard to learn it is not on the list all.

3)Sorceress/Wizard Multiclass. Any spells cast as a wizard count against the spells that can be as a Sorceress. The reverse is not true.

Basically if you get 4 spells to cast as a Sorceress, and 2 as a Wizard. If you cast the 4 Sorceress spells first you can still cast your wizard spells. If you cast the 2 Wizard spells you can only cast 2 Sorceress spells and if you try to cast another it is says that you cannot do so.

Help I hope this helps.

Steve K

2. Grey

Grey Member

Hey.

1. Had the same Paida thing happen to me. But only once - after rescuing her and going back to Hommlet, she was still at the Temple when I returned. On another occasion, when I rescued her and walked into Valden's house, she went hostile and I had to kill her and Valden. Crazy concubine!

2. I have no experience with Byrne selling hold portal. I made a complete list of all the scrolls he sells, and I've verified it a few times (I always buy and learn them all). I do use the Atari and Co8 patches, but I don't know if that's a factor. I found the spell in the rule book, too, and it is also in the mes/rule folder in the spell list document, but I've never found it in-game or as an option for memorization during level-ups. I suspect you hit an odd bug. Fortunately, I would imagine the spell is pretty useless in ToEE though.

3. Good to know.

Our Host!