Front End

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Cuda, Jan 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cuda

Cuda Member

I never realized there were so many problems with this game, I played it on my old comp, beat it and loved it all the while.

Anyway, i load it on my new comp and all kinds of stuff going on.
    I loaded the patch 1 & 2, and the C08 5.7.1 (i think it's the newest one).
    I'm able to start and play the game now but, on the radial menus there are symbols where there should be words.
    Any help on this?

And, I've read here about the looting issue, but am still unclear as to the remedy...

How long is too long on the Front End activation wait time?
    I clicked "Activate" and it's been over an hour and a half with no response yet...

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I found the symbol thing goes away after a restart. Activation takes foever. Good Luck!

3. Cuda

Cuda Member

Well, I can't restart [yet] because I'm still waiting for the activation.

I'm actually doing pretty good, I waited a whole half hour for the activation before doing a restart earlier.

Do I even need the 5.7.1?
    Or just the patch 1 & 2?

Hell with it, I'm just gonna leave it on, I need sleep...

Ok, what's a no crack cd and vanilla?
    (i'm guessing vanilla to be the untouched game as released)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  4. Cuda

Cuda Member

Alright, how long is forever?
    it's been going for over 8 hours now, is this normal?
    (the activate tab)

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Activation times will vary depending on systems. On my sytem that was 'new' in 2008, activating a module may take as long as 5 minutes. I'd think half an hour would be longer than it should ever take, and 8 hours almost certainly means something is wrong. No idea what it could be though.

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Ah, 5.7.1 has been released and Basil is back in the saddle, but...

Unfortunately, a few months ago since I stopped playing 5.6.1, Mozilla seemed insistent that I block Net Framework for some reason. I grudgingly agreed. Now I can't run FE.

How can I unblock it? Windows even downloads the upgrades but can't install them. I have tried to navigate my XP SP3 to no avail. Please assist.

7. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Somewhere you will have a list of blocked programs find it and set .net free.

8. Cuda

Cuda Member

Radial menus are fine after restart.

Do I really need a no-cd crack thing to fix the looting issue?
    There's no other way?

Still not able to activate the Front End.

9. Basil the Timid

Thanks, but that part I figured out already. I'm afraid I need better directions than "somewhere"

10. Gaear

@Basil, maybe you could try reinstalling Net Framework. Or, if you've got system restore points from far enough back that Net Framework was still unblocked, you could try restoring.

@Cuda, are you actually experiencing the looting bug? Our modpack fixes it, but there is an instance where the wrong version/type of the game comes prepackaged with files that nullify our fixes, specifically the executable. In that instance, yes, you do need the no cd crack to fix the issue. But first make sure you've really got the bug.

What OS are you using?

11. Cuda

Cuda Member

I think I am experiencing the looting bug, if that means I can't loot dead bodies, then yes.

I am using XP home, Nvidia 9600, 4Gb ram, Core 2, (Visionman build).

I am going to try and uninstall all of it, then re install again.

I can't resurrect my wizard without gold, to get gold I must loot...

12. Gaear

I assume since you can't get the module activated in the front end that you're launching the game via the ToEE executable? If you did this with a completely new installation, you'd be playing ToEE vanilla. If you did it after allowing front end to attempt to activate the Co8 module (and perhaps partially succeeding), you may be playing a strange hybrid of vanilla and Co8.

Regardless, if you can't get the Co8 module activated in front end, you won't be playing it as it was intended.

13. Basil the Timid

I can neither delete it nor reinstall it. Please explain to me about restore points and how to find and use them. I'm getting the feeling I'm screwed.

14. Gaear

Assuming you're using XP, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. You'll see a calendar-like thing pop up that has different dates on which your system set restore points. If you can remember when Net Framework got blocked, pick a restore point from before that and restore it.

Doing a system restore won't delete any files or software you've amassed since then or anything; it's mainly a settings thing.

15. Basil the Timid

Much appreciated Gaear but it appears I am SOL. The restore point only goes back 1 month - not enough. Should I try to delete each Net Framework file manually (except for the ones that the system refuses to delete)? Any other suggestions?

Our Host!