front end probs

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by bytor, Jan 27, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. bytor

bytor Member

I've spent an hour or two trying to work this out, and have read through the common issues thread. I keep getting error message " One of the game folders cannot be accessed........" It opens (3) error messages in a row....#13, #14, and #16 all with exact same wording. I'm running on Xp and have already played thru the game with the 4.0 mod pak with little problem. I might add, I am not computer savvy. Meaning, I know just enought to get into trouble.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

tia,

Len

I guess I need to clarify my problem. I've downloaded the 5.0 version and cannot get it to run with out an error message. And I've exhausted all the suggested fixes..

As Lennon once cried "Help!"

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Hmm. This error message pops up when you open up the front-end right?

Can I just ask you to check that when installing v5.0 that you followed the install instructions in the sticky post exactly?

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Do you have dotNET 2.0 (x86) Framework installed or no? If not, please install the dotNET 2 Framework and, if not installed, also please install the proper Windows Installer version for your version of Windows.

-> .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) <- click there

Required Software:
    Windows Installer 3.0 or newer Windows Installer for Windows 2000 and XP
    Windows Installer 2.0 for Windows 98, 98se, and Windows Me

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. bytor

bytor Member

Where can I check to see if I have the dotnet 2.0 framework installed? Sorry, I missed the computer age and everything I learn is from places like this.

I might add that I got it working after un-installing all of TOEE and re-installing everything fresh, but I still have errors pop up sometimes when starting. Many of the previous errors have been because of a duplicated data folder after re-installing the 5.0 mod. At this point, I gaming away and having a blast with all the new diaglogues and options. And if I have an error when starting a re-boot always fixes the problem.

Thanks for everyone's effort for all involved, including the overall community.

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Go to and open the Control Panel. Click the Add or Remove Programs applet. Scroll down the list of installed applications and look for Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 to be shown in the list.

If the dotNET program is not installed on your computer, look in the list for Windows Installer to see if the proper version (referenced above) is shown in the list or not. That is, because the proper version of Windows Installer must be installed before you can install Microsoft dotNET.

Our Host!