From Toee to BG2

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Deratiseur, Feb 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Deratiseur

Deratiseur Member

Hi :)

I'm a french guy, happy to find a moding community for toee, which i think merit mods and attention.

I love BG2, and i'm a modder for it. I have buy a low price cd of toee to re-play it after a long time first experience in 2002.

And i really love the creatures (frogs, spiders, etc....) So i really hope to have a way to use them in my BG2 mod.

I have extracted the toee.dat with dattool, but i don't find creatures (or portraits) on the extracted directories.

please, is someone know is there is a way to use the creatures animations ? I just want to "find" them, if it is possible to convert them to .bam for bg2 i will try to make it by myself, no matter.

2. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

I'm afraid not with presently available tools, the ToEE creatures are 3D models rather than series of bitmaps (as used in the Infinity Engine games). Unfortunately, AFAIK, no-one ever figured out how to read the animation of the models.

So while you could, in theory, extract the model into a 3D package (I think there is a tool for this) and then use the package to create the bitmaps for a .bam, but you'd have to re-build the animations from scratch.

This might be of help, as would This tutorial.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  3. Deratiseur

Deratiseur Member

Thanks a lot. All helps are good to take, and this one is a good one :)

4. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

If you do succeed in this, I'd be interested in seeing the results. :thumbsup:

Our Host!