Found something interesting with 5.2

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DaBigDawgND, Nov 14, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

There have been some threads about figuring out how to tell what mod you are using. Well I found a way. I did a complete reformat on my computer and then did the installs per Zebedee sticky and found this.

Toffee.JPG

It shows there on the right that I have 5.0.2 installed. Maybe this will help.

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

CTB just put that build info in with the latest 5.0.2 CF. Before that update (thanks, Blue - very handy,) it was more than a little confusing trying to keep track. Especially with an install as patchwork as mine - my 5.x install is still based off the 5.0 Beta with Cumulative Fixes ad nauseum.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Yes, it will help. That's why I put that in there, starting with the last 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 update on 11/07/06 ( I got the date wrong in the file). :p

Previous updates of 5.0.1 and 5.0.1 didn't have that.

4. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

CtB we sure appreciate all of your hard work, as well as, every modder here.
    :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

5. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Mine says the same thing. Thanks to all. Strangely, my game does not allow disabling of intro movies. When I click the icon, I get an Unhandled Exception. No matter, but just to let you know.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

That is probably because there are already renamed movie files in you installation. Front End disables the intro movies by renaming <movie title>.bik to <movie title>.bik0. Sometimes when reinstalling these renamed files remain, and then Front End can't rename the working movie files with the same name as existing files and you get the exception.

Check in data\movies and see if you have any files with the extension .bik0. If you do, move them out of the movies folder and then try to disable the intro movies.

Our Host!