Forum thread Index Page Access ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kiwi, Oct 17, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kiwi

Kiwi Senior Curmudgeon

My preferred browser is either Mozilla or Netscape, not IE, if I can manage to avoid that slug. So sometimes it's my system, but I need to ask:

Why is there only one page of indexed threads showing up, with only the most recent 30 threads? The advance buttons are lining up vertically . .

There sometimes is a "1, 2, & Next" (or 1,2,3, & Next) that look like they should be live buttons at the farthest bottom right, but all three are DEAD when clicked in Netscape (hadn't tested the page in IE - in which the buttons line up across instead of down).

It had been my habit previously to use a slightly less powerful, and older, PC to do most of my net surfing, and I do have a recent Mozilla on that one, BUT there have been a slew of problems with it lately. The newest Netscape I've kept has been 4.8x - which lacks a few bells & whistles, but is QUICK compared to most everything else.

Now that I'm using this more recently made PC both to do the Web and to play ToEE, I need to get another copy of Mozilla, I suppose! (After complaining here, I did finally test IE -- slower than molasses in winter still, but the buttons do work in it.)

:wtf:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  2. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Netscape is a buggy piece of shit. I recommend you dump it and install Mozilla at once. That's what I'm using right now and it runs like a dream.

3. Dan

Dan Brahmin Beholder Veteran

I've just started using Mozilla a couple of days ago, and it's much better then IE.

4. Elof

Elof Member

Opera

5. Kiwi

Kiwi Senior Curmudgeon

Newer versions of Netscape are as slow as IE, anyway

My local wide-band Internet access rates are sky high, so with my very small entertainment budget, only ordinary POTS dial-up is affordable. Add in any slow-running browser software, and I'm dead in the water!

I use the well-debugged, but rather old 4.8x version of Netscape, which is very quick, if it's also missing many fancy bells & whistles from versions 6-7.x, which are slow as IE, and buggier than it is.

My other PC is crippled up; I haven't run it in a couple of weeks. Whatever Mozilla I had on it, I do recall I needed a download interrupter resuming utility to get it all. And I don't have one of those (yet) on this PC.

A couple of days ago, I started a download of Mozilla 1.4x (newest is 1.50, but it's still got its own bugs, it seems). It's 12 plus MB's, and at my best rate, an hour or so to dl it. I got it started and went out for coffee. Murphy decreed that my connection would break after about 45 minutes and 9 MB's! Of course.

Gotta try again - maybe today.

:wtf:

Our Host!