Forgive me if I have overlooked something obvious here - is there an updated bug log for NC 8.1.0?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by fkirenicus, Nov 17, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. fkirenicus

fkirenicus Member

Heya,

referring to http://www.co8.org/community/index....le-of-eight-modpack-new-content-edition.8742/ there are some bugs mentioned, like "Read Magic not working" and "fix can be found here". I have the NC 8.1.0 and have never experienced such problems (in fact it seems that mass identification happens in every place where it's safe to rest).
    Neither have I experienced any of the other bugs mentioned there back in 2013 or some such, but there have been other issues (or maybe deliberate changes?) like the Goblin Thief not turning up (found Jay's ring in Emridy Meadows and was not able to talk about his wife until I actually had the ring in my possession); I am not able to attack the Traders without them running away in round 2 or 3 and so on... Also, I've run into quite a few cases where the toon for one - or more - of my characters seems frozen, but moving to a different map solves this problem. Also, my Cleric of Boccob has domains Magic and Knowledge, and the domain spells of 3rd level "collide" in the sense that they appear on the same line in the UI - and I'm actually only able to chose one of them (Dispel Magic, which is OK).
    Also, the http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/co8-8-1-0-bugs.11227/ has seen quite a lot of activity, though it hasn't been updated since July 2017. I hope I don't have to read to 57 pages to get the correct picture about what doesn't work as it should... (or what has been deliberatly changed) ? :)
    Is there an up to date bug log/known issues list available somewhere?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You can find a stickied bug thread up the list in this forum (ToEE Discussion). I can tell you however that there's no current patch for 8.1.0, and the only measures that Co8 actually advocates re fixes are official releases and official patches that are installed via the TFE-X front end. Apply and use any others you may find at your own discretion.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Are you using Temple+? The fixes are automatically applied there for Co8 users. Likewise the mass identification on safe rest areas is a Temple+ thing IIRC.

4. fkirenicus

fkirenicus Member

You're absolutely right. That's sorted out then, thanks. :)

Our Host!