for Keep on the Borderland fans...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by screeg, Sep 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Croix

Croix Member

I loved that book, I really did, pitty I don't have it anymore. Although my version had the discription I gave at my last post, I do believe that it contained the same text. Still, your copy would be something to treasure all the same :)

Anyway, as far as names for an inn how about the Wyvern's perch? Had to contribute something.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I still have most of the old D&D stuff and I can remember(barely), playing Keep many years ago. One of my favorites was BoneHill. I still have the original box set of D&D Basic and Expert. My wife asks me why I keep all that old junk. I don't have a good explanation for her. I guess I'm just old and too set in my ways. I always wondered why Moorcock made TSR remove his stuff and sign with Chaoism for a whole game? Money talks I guess. Our old DM, was going to use Elric and Stormbringer to get rid of me and my holy-roller Paladin. It didn't work. I have a complete set of the Elric series if anyone is interested. Lot of good stuff in those old books.

3. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Damn! That was the first purchased mod me and my friends played in a tent in his front yard one summer. Now I'm going to have to ask him if he still has it...

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, if the image thing is working today, I give you: The Green Gryphon (curtesy Screeg, Esq)

Attached Files:

6. krunch

krunch moving on in life

whew!..nice

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

doesn't really look like somewhere that I'd like to drink at (from the outside) looks like a factory or wharehouse, not "quaint" enough - only one chimney, that means a long wait for dinner as the kitchen must be small, not many windows to let light in or chairs and broken bodies out. think of it as constructive critisim. but I was checking out the site - http://members.optusnet.com.au/~shiningted/index.html - yesterday and was really impressed by the other stuff.

8. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

How many pubs have you been in?

There's one broken stein outside the entrance. The description sounded too classy for stepping over corpses on your way in.

9. Shiningted

Who wants pubs with light? You ever tried meeting girls in full sunlight? If you look like me, you need LOTS of grog and REALLY BAD LIGHT ;)

And the kitchen is that whole area at the back, extending in as far as the chimney (obviously).

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well I think the name the green gryphon made me think of something german looking, that one is fine but looks like it should be called The Brig

11. wizgeorge

I like the Red Lantern Inn from Theives World. Sleazy, grubby, noisy, lots of nasty women. Beer was cheap and the food was terrible. My kind of place.
    P.S. I still have that game also. It had some interesting characters.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Not for me...mine was the Vulgar Unicorn in Sanctuary. He had two horns, you see...one above, one below. Kind of like The Prancing Pony in Bree, but with something to prance about...

13. Shiningted

Speaking of meeting girls AND unicorns AND pubs, there is a bit in Ultima VII where this hard-hearted serving wench sends a guy off to find a unicorn to prove his virginity. The catch (other than the fact she is hardly a virgin herself?) The nearest unicorn is laying low in a dragon's den, because it is sick to death of people pestering it to prove the virginity of prospective mates. So this evil wench has strung the guy along then sent him to his death at the hands of angry dragons.

You get that.

14. wizgeorge

You know Meleny is a young, innocent virgin. Some sick mind could do terrible things with that knowledge.

Our Host!