Flaming burst enchantment

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Grey, Feb 12, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Grey

Grey Member

Has anyone been able to successfully enchant a weapon with flaming burst?

I have a 10th level sorcerer with both burning hands and fireball, and she doesn't get the option.

I have read elsewhere that a 10th level cleric with flame strike is also unable to use the flaming burst enchantment.

If anyone knows how to get the option for this enchantment, or if this is a bug, please post and let me know.

Thanks.

2. Grey

Grey Member

Well, unless someone's going to end up posting to the contrary, it seems that flaming burst cannot be accessed in the game.

The 3E DMG states that a caster level of 12 is required for that particular enchantment.

So, unless a sequel or expansion for higher levels is forthcoming, flaming burst may well be off the table (but, why include it in the menu then?).

Oh, well. Cie la vie.

3. Grey

Grey Member

Though I seem to be talking to myself, I thought those of you curious enough and willing to cheat (yes, willing to cheat) might like to know how to enable flaming burst for your 10th level mage.

Open the TOEE folder, go to the data folder, go to the rules folder, and open the item creation document. I opened it with notepad.
    Scroll down to the section on weapon creation and you'll see that for flaming burst it looks for C12 (caster level 12). Simply change the 12 to a 10 and save.

That's all there is to it - I tested it and it'll even work in a pre-existing game.

So there you go.

Have fun!

Our Host!