Feeling Really Dumb

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Alporik, Mar 22, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alporik

Alporik Member

So I picked TOEE back up after two years and was thrilled to see KOTB available.

I finally found the notice board and signed up for the swamp quest. Figured out to talk to the scribe to get to the main gate, but can't access the world map from anywhere. As far as I can tell the only exit from the main gate is the graveyard, which also doesn't allow me to access the main gate. The swamp quest shows up in my log, so I know I accepted it correctly.

I used to know how to play this game, but I am feeling pretty dumb at the moment. Anyone willing to help someone who should not need it?

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

It's a funny thing, you access the worldmap from INSIDE the keep. You can't access it once you leave the gate, as you have discovered. It has to do with the limitation in the total number of different worldmap locations available for use, so they are a very precious commodity. Just head back into the keep and the worldmap will be usable.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You know, that's something we should probably mention for new players...

On the upside, Alporik, it means coming and going from the Keep is really easy, you don't have to negotiate the main gate every time (which I suspect would get old pretty quickly).

4. Alporik

Alporik Member

Assumptions, assumptions. Thank you both.

On the plus side, I was frustrated enough to attack the gate guard and enjoyed the resulting graphic.

I like it when games let you do dumb things . . . and pay an appropriate price.

Our Host!