Fear of Ghosts help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by chiech22, Jun 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. chiech22

chiech22 Member

Hello,

I successfully initiated the Fear of Ghosts quests, but I have no idea where to go and what to get to complete the quest. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chiech

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Spoiler

Go back to Moathouse, leave Moathouse by side door leading to pool, approach pool and kill water monster, remove limbs from monster's stomach, return with limbs to ghosts in castle.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. Suijen

Suijen Member

I have all the body pieces but the ghost is not there. If I rest, the ghost respawns and I hit it, but after the battle is over the ghost simply disappears. Any ideas?

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Ghosties only come out at night.

5. gundar

gundar Member

Re: Gnoll Caravan question

Some time ago I let the gnolls to escape of the Moathouse. Later, succeeded the Gnoll Caravan Event (1st encounter). But it's been a long time and never succeeded the 2nd encounter... There would any way to activate the 2nd encounter with the gnolls?

Greetings
    Xoel

6. gundar

gundar Member

Considering that I did't got the "moathouse ambush" event but that I killed to Kobort, Turuko and Zert... is it possible that i can get the "fear of ghosts" quest? I'm in Verbobonc but I hasn't still bought the Castle of the Lords.

A greeting
    Xoel

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, it will only happen if you get ambushed at the Moathouse first.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Both of the scenarios you have asked about are spelled out in detail in gazra_1979's TOEE Guide and Walkthrough.

You can find a link to it by clicking on the banner at the top of the page labeled the same. :)

9. gundar

gundar Member

When I completed the Moathouse, I fullfilled these conditions:
    Party alignment = neutral good
    Lareth is dead.
    Kobort, Turuko and Zert are not dead.
    Kobort, Turuko and Zert are not in your party right now.

But I think I went to the courtyard and then travelled to Hommlet... In this case, I missed the chance to get ambushed, right?

Could I activate the condition to achieve the "fear of ghosts" quest of any other way? Maybe by console command? It seems a shame to miss this quest, that looks great!!

10. gundar

gundar Member

I've consulted the "gazra_1979's TOEE Guide and Walkthrough" with respect to "the gnoll caravan" and don't mention anything about a 2nd encounter with the gnolls who escaped...
    Exist such encounter? (I refer to the 2nd)

11. sirchet

Are you talking about if you let the gnolls leave and the consequences that follow?

I thought you were asking about what conditions needed to be met in order to start the quest in the Castle of The Lords.

12. gundar

gundar Member

Sorry, I got confused of post. I asked a question in the "gnoll caravan post" (Is there really a second encounter regarding to the "gnoll caravan"?, I just got the first...) and other in the "fear of ghosts post".

Apologies for the confusion.

13. sirchet

You could always TRY letting the gnolls leave and see what happens later on in the game. ;)

14. gundar

gundar Member

I already did it and I had a 1st encounter (convoy raided by gnolls). Do you know if there is really a 2nd encounter? That never succeeded me...

15. Barles

Barles Member

I can't seem to find the monster you're talking about. Do you mean the pool that's inside the dungeon that had the giant lobster in it the first time around? Because when I go there, I find no monster. I can't find any monsters in or around the moathouse save for one that sells potions.

Our Host!