Farewell, not goodbye.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Allyx, Jul 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just thought I'd say farewell to all of guy's as I retire from ToEE modding. I've really enjoyed all your company, and it seems only fair say thanks to everyone who has helped mod ToEE and assissted me with my modding problems in the past.

I will pop in to see how you guy's are getting on from time to time, and say hi but modding ToEE for me has lost it's excitement. I wish all you guy's the very best of luck for the future development of TOEE and of course your real lives!

A few pearls of wisdom for a few regulars...

Agetian: don't work too hard dude, you'll put yourself into an early grave. :tombstone

Shiningted: Good luck with married life mate. :evil_laug

Lord_Spike: go easy on the modders - they are trying to do you a favour by keeping this game alive. :wyatt:

Cujo: ToEE needs more boobies :hug:

Cerulean the Blue: get a girlfriend dude - you deserve it. :heart:

krunch: not as many people as you think actually get boners from thinking about computer hardware :pelvicthr

And for everyone else I didn't mention, thanks to guy's too. You guy's all rock! :rock:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Goodnight, sweet Pommy, may flights of angels sing u to ur retirement (or sitting in a rocking chair, becoming decrepit ;) ).

Thanks for getting me into modding with those ioun stones!

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Farewell, Allyx! You've been a great modder, and, who knows, maybe one day you'll get back to it? ;) I hope to see you on MSN or IRC some day - just to chat a little bit, even if not about modding and not about ToEE at all. :)

Your help was invaluable during the creation of ToEEWB. Thanks for everything! Your modding and your Verbo-mod will become a great part of the Co8 modding history! It's a truly great accomplishment.

- Agetian

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Your presence here at Co8 has been tremendous. I am glad we have talked on occasion in IRC and shared ideas about D&D and ToEE. I am sure the modding community feels the same way. I, for one, can say I am well pleased to have been influenced by your ideas and modding.

May the sun shine upon thine face, may the wind be at thine back, and may good things abound in your life and future. Indeed, fair thee well Sir Allyx.

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Take care Allyx :)

Hope you rediscover the bug at some point in the future but if not, keep in touch still.

Verbobonc rocks.

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I'm sorry to see you go, Allyx. You have become a great an accomplished modder, and more than that, you have become my friend.

You do realize, of course, without ToEE to take up your time, you will have one less excuse to get a job. ;)

Take care, dude.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We'll miss you, Axl. :cry:

8. Ugignadl

Ugignadl Established Member

Awww, crap.

Another famous name. I hope to see more spamming now, at the very least :).

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

You've done a great service to this community. Too bad it's not as exciting for you as it once was. I disagree that this is "all for me", however. People mod because they choose too, and it'll happen whether I'm around or not. They are entertaining themselves, and I'm doing them a favor in return by participating right along with them. I contribute in accordance with my capabilities, and I owe them nothing beyond my help, and thanks.

So, thank you!

And FUCK "easy".

10. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

You'll certainly be sorely missed Allyx. Verbobonc is a truly stunning acomplisment, but you're presence and input are more valuable. So don't be a stranger.

Slán agaibh

Cuchulainn

11. Dragon_Awakened

Dragon_Awakened Wandering Warrior

Sorry to hear this.

Allyx,
    You have heped me here several times. I'm sorry to hear you ending your tenure as one of the prime modders here. The good news in this is that you aren't choosing to leave the site entirely.
    I have yet to download the newest verson of Co8's material so I have yet to see the Verbobonc material that has been so talked about lately.
    See you around.

Dragon_Awakened

12. Gawain

Gawain Member

A big thanks Allyx, from someone who doesn't post much but who certainly appreciates your contribution to the game and to this forum.

Andrew

13. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

get you gone you drunken sot.

14. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

You were the one who showed me the light that is " The circle of Eight". I would never have found this group if not for you, and thus never caught the 'modder bug' that lives within every DM. I will not ever reach the heights you have in this arena, but will strive to reach further than I imagined I could because of you.
    Please do reach out to us whenever you can, brother. Your wisdom will lead us, and those who follow, to even greater heights in the future.
    -Sokaijin (the honest(humble citizen))
    P.S. I hope your obeying the seventh rule, and not falling prey to the tenth. ( I know it's fiction, but then read them all and tell me they aren't real.) good luck and godspeed fellow.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Awww, you guy's <cries>

I hope my obituary has words as kind as yours in it :)

Our Host!