Fallen Paladins

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, May 25, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

What is the scripting logic for "fallen" Paladins? With Mod 7.7 NC, is it sill possible for them to fall?

I did an experiment and added Darley to my party after she revealed herself as a demon. My paladin seemed just fine with it. It's a small point: The object, obviously, is NOT to fall. But I am curious about what sort of acts would now make it happen. (It is as odd universe, indeed, in which a drinking game will doom you, but free association with demons is allowed.)

2. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

IIRC Paladin will fall if he/she is the one speaking with Darley, try using your Paladin when talking to the hot sexy alu-demon :nosebleed

Edit: I think I'm mistaken, the Paladin will strike Darley when you talk to her.

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Haven't tried a paladin yet in 7.8 NC but I would guess that killing anyone from Hommlett would do it and becoming a friend of Lareth might do it...

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

As originally scripted, a Paladin will fall if the party participates in the Welcome Wench drinking contest, but not if they recruit Lareth.

It seems to be a specifically scripted event. I don't know if killing Hommlet's citizens will do it. Perhaps getting the Butcher of Hommlet reputation will do it.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The vanilla game's application is very spotty and arbitrary, but in the NC, generally if you kill any innocent, you will fall.

Also the drinking contest thing has been undone for a few modpacks now.

6. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

You are. Paladins will automatically detect Darley's villainous scent and you will be forced to pass down judgment to her. Trust me, she deserves it!

Paladin falling is very sketchy, since its not guaranteed to happen. Generally killing non-hostile NPCs or having an evil aligned character join the party tends to trigger it. The drinking contest originally would cause as well... even if the Paladin wasn't participating herself. As mentioned though, it was removed... since there's no way a Dwarven Paladin should fall for... being a dwarf.

Our Host!