evil cleric quesions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mortimer, Nov 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mortimer

Mortimer Member

Hey all, first time here but many of you probally have seen me around.

I desided to pick up ToEE and give it another try, then spent awhile figureing out how to loot, and such :p

but I was wondering if in either the Co8 patch or in the offical patch if there are any changes to the rebuke/comand undead skill for evil clerics. Before I tried a LE party but my cleric would command 5 undead or so and they would just follow me around, the would not fight, not take hits, just sit there taking up pixels on my screen. I looked at both lists for changes and seached this forum and did not see anything, but it is a big deal since I want a LE party with a cleric leading, yet is useless as a concept if good clerics actually work when they turn undead.

thanks in advance for any answers :)

2. Darksabre

Darksabre Member

MY evil cleric doesn't quite have this problem. Undead that she turns will attack nearby creatures, but won't move forward into combat. Mind you, they're more a pain than a bonus, since they're fairly weak, and it's hard to tell which ones are on your side at a glance.

In my opinion, there's no contest between good and evil clerics. Evil clerics have to memorize their cure spells and don't have access to Holy. In exchange, they get to tell a couple of zombies what to do? No, thanks.

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

Don't forget harm spells provoke AOO and that good clerics with the sun domain get greater turning. With a good cleric with greater turning you just run through undead infested areas, instantly destroying them with the cleric whenever you see them. Awesome XP for the whole party.

4. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

That's true but sun domain should only give you one greater turning per day, that it gives more is a bug.

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Picking the good domain gives you Holy Smite, which lets you add holy damage to crafted weapons later on, I believe.

Our Host!