Error loading front-end

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by TearZ, Feb 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. TearZ

TearZ Goblin Raider 4 Lyf

Hey lads, sorry if this is a re-post or in the wrong forum, but I searched for this error and came-up with no results. I just installed over patch3 to patch 2 and then Co8 4.0 and then 4.0.1 both front-end attempts did not launch instead I was met with the error per the attatched screenshot.

Any advice? No rush, just really eager to play the Co8 mod.

Thanks!

-TearZ

Attached Files:

2. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

you don't have .NET 2 installed.
    Go to windowsupdate.com and get it.

3. TearZ

Aw damnit, That Genuine Windows Updater hates my copy of XP Pro. I'll either have to buy a new copy of XP or play V3.0 Official patch :(

Bah, :tears:

-TearZ

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

There is also the option of installing the non-Front End version of Co8 4.0.0. Use the same installer and just uncheck the Front End checkbox in the install options.

6. TearZ

Thanks a bunch lads, I'll let you know what works, as I've had a little bit of trouble in in Hommlet after using mobeius' (sp?) .dll, in that after healing Bing, Jakk Borton has no dialogue options (before, or after the healing) relating to the Conversion to St. Cuthbert.

But I imagine one of those solutions will help me out.

So glad that you guys are patient and co-operative,

Thanks a lot,

-TearZ

[Edit, yeah, that URL worked, and hooray! 2.0 installed! Frontend is amazing! Mooshead, Agetian and Cerulean the Blue for the win! Thanks guys! ::hug:]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hey TearZ,

No problem! Feel free to provide feedback and ask any questions you have - we'll do our best to help you out. :D

- Agetian

8. TearZ

As you wish!
    Feedback;

Front-end is excellent, am very much enjoying the helpful no-fog-of-war in towns, not got very far yet to be honest, but I'm enjoying the experience. The only thing I think I'd appreciate is the choice between the "classic" start or the advanced "Buy-your-own-items" start. Well, I suppose the only beef I have with it per se, is the lack of potions of light healing and I enjoyed having most of the guys in Leather Armour from the outset.

Loving front-end, your work is appreciated!

Thanks guys,

-Jay

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Just so you know, the shopmap is optional. to remove that part of the mod, you have to deactivate the module (there is a button in the frontend that does this) and re-install the 4.0.0 mod from the installer - just don't check the shopmap boxes.

10. TearZ

It's not so bad actually, now I just had a quick blast through on Chaotic Evil (To my grisly demise versus Burne and Rufus) and it's pretty easy to either kill/steal money/equipment that you need. I thoroughly enjoyed the extra quest for Gremag (the assassin one too!)

The spell-casters using tonnes of spells made for really exciting gameplay, one in which more tactics was needed. My sole Sorcerer with her 3 Fighters and one Barbarian bodyguard were demolished by Burne/Rufus, who now pulls out all the stops; summoned a Fiendish Huge Viper, Ray of Enfeeblement, Mirror Image, Magic Missles that really put on the hurt and a massive Fireball that left my party as smouldering piles of ash.

That was awesome.

Okay, veering off topic a bit now, and I'm sure this is covered ground by now :)

:notworthy

ToEE:FE for the win!

-Jay

[Edit, which one is the Wizard? Rufus? Burne?]

11. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Burn-e...he's the guy with the Fireballs & Magic Missiles ;)

Our Host!