entertaining computer game reviewers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gazra_1971, Feb 28, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

My favourite computer game reviewer (journalist) is an Australian guy who uses the internet handle NichBoy. Here is his recent Let's Play review of American Truck Simulator which I find very amusing:

[YOUTUBE]N_pKOlyEwhY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

That's pretty neat.

And it all started back in 1983 when Truckin' was released for the Intellivision gaming console

My how graphics have improved in 30+ years :p

[YOUTUBE]8GxbpjHIwAI[/YOUTUBE]

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

One of the rare Imagic games I wanted and never got (the other was Tropical Troubles- I piked up Star Strike instead- a major mistake :() Ah, the memories...

4. FDR4PREZ

Yeah, I never had Truckin' either, but I wanted it.

I did have both Star Strike and Tropical Trouble.

I've recently gotten a Raspberry Pi 2 running RetroPie, which is a frontend for various retro console emulators.

Garza - sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I've never even heard of the Intellivision before! I grew up with the Atari 2600, the Commodore 64, and Amiga.

This is NichBoy's best video so far (it is a little long-winded but definitely worth wading through for the brilliant interactions between NichBoy and John! Make sure that you watch until the very end of the video because the best moment occurs after the end credits):

[YOUTUBE]g80zJ5ogJ8g[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  6. Gehennis

I too had the 2600 and C64 but never heard of the Intellivison (or Intellivision II)? Check out some of the old Intellivision ads featuring George Plimpton- I would have thought everyone knew about what I consider to be the first console war :) While the 2600 had Adventure the Intellivision had actual licensed D&D games like Cloudy Mountain and the Treasure of Tarmin, a 256 level dungeon that I actually made it down to the very last level one time...

7. FDR4PREZ

I had Channel F - the first real cartridge based console, and then Intellivision.

I'd imagine that the Intellivision was not widely known in Australia, but I know there are a few Intellivision fans there.

There is a huge retro scene for these old consoles. And the latest rave is to get a Raspberry Pi and install RetroPie on it, which is a frontend for console emulators and many of the real controllers are supported, too.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I had a Colecovision (a generation after the 2600 and Intellivision, played all 2600 games) as well as a z-80 based Australian computer, then the Commodore 64.

You must have been pretty young Gazra - Intellivision was by no means huge, but it was the only competitor the 2600 had (except maybe things like the TRS-80).

9. Gehennis

Another blast from the past- heck, it might be easier for me to list the systems I didn't have... :)

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I really enjoy watching Alchestbreach review mods and games, I've even gotten caught up in a few of his playthroughs of Fallout New Vegas.

Our Host!