Ending combat when turned undead run away

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by florian1, Oct 24, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Is it possible to end combat when you turn undead, and they all run away, out of sight? Very annoying in Emridy Meadows to have to chase them down in order to complete combat.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You can just skip turns until it wears off, they come running back to have another go at you all on thier own like mindless err... undead things.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

That's why i like having 2 clerics with the sun domain:D. Isn't there a flee or runaway option on the Radial?

4. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I am running a party with one PC, who is a Bard, and have recruited Elmo, Furnok, Meleny, Spugnoir, and Ronald. Ronald was only level 2 in Emridy meadows, and he is not very good at turning yet. Elmo and Furnok are pretty tough (both start at level 4), but Ronald and Meleny are a bit on the weak side. My Gnome Bard gets to jump into combat with the "dowry" item that came with Meleny. Just fought the Zombies in the Moathouse, and we had to take each zombie down in close combat..... Ronald's turning was about as useful as his bow fetish against the undead.

The problem was that my party was low on resources in Emridy Meadows when they got ambushed by another group of skeletons, and were hoping the skeletons would run away so they themselves could try to get away as well and recharge themselves at the pub. The skeletons did eventually return and got beat down.

Our Host!