Enchantable armour with 0 spell failure

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MrPhil, May 16, 2021.

Remove all ads!
  1. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

Is there any body armour in the game suitable for a wizard?
    I was hanging on for the boandleaf wrap, only to discover that's its not masterwork so I can't enchant it.

Is there any armour at all in the game that has 0% spell failure and is enchantable?

Thanks

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Would you be using Temple+?

If so the standard answer is Mithral Shirt (10% spell failure) reduced by 10% with the Twilight Armor property which is a +1 enchantment leaving you another +9 for whatever else I wanted.

Alternatively you could consider an Elvish Wooden shield

anatoliy likes this.
  3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

There's also the Black Elven Chain available near the end of the game and maybe also craftable with no ASF. There may be a house rule or something in Dungeon Master mode (always use lowest or highest roll) in Temple+ to disable ASF.

4. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

Thanks for your replies.
    This is my first play through with temple+, so I've not seen the armour enchantments as I've so far been steering clear of anything with ASF.

The Twilight property sounds like just the ticket, so as soon as I have some gold and xp I'll check it out.

My current wizard is dex focused and has a two handed weapon, so Elven Shield and the dex cap on the mithral shirt will be too restrictive, however you've given me the clue and I'm aiming for mithral buckler and masterwork cloth armour which should do the trick.

Thanks again for your super helpful reply.

5. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, I don't play Temple+ but my solution for this problem is always the Mithral Buckler that you can buy from the smith assisatnce in Nulb.
    It has a spell failure of 0%. Only +1 protection but if you enchant it to +3 in combination with the spell wizard armour it is quite decent.

6. MrPhil

MrPhil Member

I like the plan of the mithral buckler. Some of the fights last so long the my shield spells times out, so a more permanent solution is definitely on my Christmas list

Our Host!