Empty Rooms

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Jan 7, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

First, I want to say thank you to all of the modders for a GREAT game. My kids tease me about how often I play TOEE.

My question is about all of the empty space in the Moathouse and Temple. Why were the empty rooms included in the game design in the first place? were they empty in the module? From a modding perspective, is it possible to place people/monsrters in the empty rooms? If so, why was the decision made to leave them empty?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Troika designed the locations pretty true to the module, yes. We never changed that kind of thing because our intention has never been to reinvent the game or reinterpret the module, just mainly fix things.

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The empty rooms often had various interactive elements in the P&P module, such as traps, hidden treasures, secret passages, enchantments, illusions, etc. Some are just for mood, though.

I don't think we have any policies that go against implementing those things ;) but it can be time consuming.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I would love to discover at least a few new elements in those rooms where I have been so often that I stopped counting. Is there actually still a patch to come anytime in the future?:X

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Possibly ;)

Our Host!