Druidic Ivy Crafting

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Alporik, Aug 23, 2022.

Remove all ads!
  1. Alporik

Alporik Member

So my druid would like to try his hand at crafting ivy. The modpack walkthrough (1.18) identifies Masterwork Moon-Ivy Armor as being in the game and it also has entries for various Moon-Ivy Armor at Ah Fong’s (2.5):

Moon-Ivy Armor (50%)

Moon-Ivy Armor (20%)

Moon-Ivy Armor - Poison Ivy (casts Poison) (10%)

Moon-Ivy Armor - Explosive Spores (casts Stinking Cloud) (10%)

Moon-Ivy Armor - Pheromones (+3 Charisma) (10%)

While none of those say Masterwork, I thought that the initial double listing might indicate that the 20% was the masterwork and there is just a typo. After visiting Ah Fong many times in game (including with the required 7 day hiatus), I occasionally saw the other types, but never Masterwork Moon-Ivy Armor. Druid tried buying the Moon-Ivy Armor several times and never had a crafting option for it.

Anyone know how a druid with an ambition to craft ivy might get his fix?

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Odd, Moon-ivy is supposed to be a special material and should be considered Masterwork, the 50%/20% is the chance of one ore two sets available.

3. Alporik

Alporik Member

My druid did a bit more testing, but whether we was wearing it or not, he could not craft the Moon-Ivy armor. It was interesting that he also could not craft the Bondleaf armor.

Looking at the Walkthrough (1.14) neither type of armor is listed as enchantable, so maybe the "Masterwork Moon-Ivy" was just a typo and there is no masterwork version such that my druid is just out of luck. Sigh.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I always thought it was intentional, so your wizards don't end up with 0% spell failure enchanted armors.

hammyh likes this.
  5. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

Me too. Druids can always enchant masterwork leathers, in addition.

6. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

The purpose of armor is to avoid spell failure. Otherwise, you don't wear it.

Our Host!