Dragonplate, Where did it go?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by z9dragon, Jan 10, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. z9dragon

z9dragon Member

I have a pretty quick question, I Recently downloaded the 6.0.0 NC modpack, and I just made it too nulb. I vaguely remember getting the Dragonplate, or maybe dragonscale armor from the merchant Ah Fong, but now he doesn't appear to have it for sale anymore.

I know that items don't always appear, so i tried going into a different map, and waiting for 7 days, to see if his inventory would respawn, but I didnt have any luck. Does anyone know whether or not he still sells it, or whether its been moved to a different shop, perhaps in Verbobonc?

I also know that the Amii quest is one way to get it, but Id only try that option as a last resort, since after over 6 playthroughs with various version of the Co8 modpack, I have never mannaged to find the bloody lotus.

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

IIRC Jaroo should be wearing one. Kill him for it ;)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No armors were removed from Ah Fong's shop inventory.

4. z9dragon

z9dragon Member

@Ausdoerrt Heh, tried that once, and although I failed miserably, that is my back up option, although ill probably need to get my party above lvl 5 before i could take him. And from a RP perspective, I am playing a NG party with 2 druids in it, but thats also why I need this armor so badly.

@Gaear ok, thats good, but did he have it to begin with? its been almost a year since I played this game, an i only vaguely remember the specifics. and if he does have it, then does anyone know the exact method of making a shopkeepers inventory re-spawn? I've tried going inside and waiting for a week, but all that did was remove the items i had sold him from his inventory, nothing else changed.

5. Gaear

I'm quite sure he has it - Ah Fong specializes in exotic armors, after all.

Many shopkeepers have a percentage chance to have any given item in stock so as to reflect that they aren't always 'fully loaded,' which would be unrealistic for small villages. While this process is still a bit mystical for players, it does work properly now. All I can suggest is that you go back from time to time to check. Trying to wait out any sort of timed event in ToEE is never a good idea.

6. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

Haven't seen Dragonplate in Ah Fong's shop since at least pre-5.9.0 for my games. We're talking at least 10 separate campaigns start to finish. It's either very rare in a place like Nulb, or he doesn't have it anymore. I've been back often enough that the items I've purchased there have respawned, Moon-Ivy, Marauder Armor, MW Tonfas, War Fans and Monk Spades, etc. I think I've seen Mithral Plate and Mithral Buckler as random items there, but I'm sure about the Dragon Plate not being there in my games. It's noticable because of the icon.

Since Verbobonc 2.0 was added, it has always been in the weapons shop there. First time, every time. Never actually needed to purchase, so I can't say if it respawns there or not.

Anecdotal evidence of how my particular game behaves. Take it FWIW.

Edit: went back and checked the 7 save games I currently have in 6.0 that have Ah Fong and Verbobonc available. Ah Fong did have Dragonplate 1 out of 7 times. Verbobonc had it every time.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. z9dragon

z9dragon Member

Thank you guys. After doing a bit of questing in HB and MR, (and waiting about 2 months or so) I went back to check Ah Fongs shop periodically, and he did indeed have the Dragonhide in stock. I agree with zebrainz though, it is a very rare spawn.

8. Gaear

According to his invensource entry, he has a 20% chance of having it, so that sounds about right. They have a 50% chance in Verbobonc.

Our Host!