Does spell resistance stack?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rocktoy, Jan 17, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

If I craft armor with the spell resistance (13) and also have the mantle of spell resistance (21) is it a waste of money and exp. or what?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

If you equip both items on the same character, then what is supposed to happen (and that I believe will happen in this computer game too) is that your character will have Spell Resistance [21]. All bonuses of the same type do not stack (this is true for nearly all types of bonuses), resulting in the highest bonus applying to your character. This is explained in the System Reference Document (SRD) for the D&D 3.5 game rules (which is what this computer game uses). You can read the SRD online at:

http://www.d20srd.org/

You can download the SRD at the following link:

http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/SRD.zip

3. Rocktoy

Thanks, but I am still wondering. I know the rules, but sometimes they are not that well implemented in ToEE.

I accidently crafted both to a PC and when I moved the cursor over him there was two lines. The first line said Spell resistance 21 and the second line Spell resistance 13. That kinda let me thinking that do I now get two spell resistance rolls? :confused: Has anyone tried this?

4. Dreddnawt

Dreddnawt Mettlehead

You can verify by nuking your own character and watching the Rolls window. Might want to save first.

But it should only be one spell resistance check using the highest bonus available. Multiple SRs do not stack in any way.

5. Rocktoy

No you can't, or at least I couldn't. Either friendly fire goes right trough, or Spugnoir lvl 9 was too much to handle for either (or any) of my anti-spell crafts.

edit: and all the roll I could see were the failed ones, no seeable rolls for successfull resistance rolls

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
Our Host!