Designing your own characters for TOEE

Discussion in 'Models, Animations, and Particle Effects' started by Ax Thrower, Oct 12, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

As we progress in our endeavors to build KOTB, we have been creating new models for NPC's ... well not everyone is an artist, however with 3d rendering software everyone can now create their favorite pnp character and with a little modification of the portrait packs you can play as him/her in TOEE...

Check out http://www.daz3d.com/ to download this free software... everything (and I mean everything) can be adjusted through application of textures etc...

A simple sorceress...

Attached Files:

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Damn. That is great.

I wish I had some art skills.

- Livonya

3. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

You don't have to.... just some imagination... and the ability to figure out how the hell to do it...

sorry HK.... (Althought your guys work is 10x over what can be done with the program...):clap: :clap:

4. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I have to try this!! :dribble:

This could be used for the kotB introduction, and some others things...interesting..

but...could you please PLEASE, tell me where the f**k do i download it??' I've been almost half an hour going round and round and still had no clue where or what to download!

I have two programs for 3D graphics, but don't have idea how to use them (my brother is an expert, but it's currently living in Palmas de Mallorca-Spain-), so i prefer to start with something more simple...

Btw, as soon as i get a little more time, i'll start with those basic "lessons" we talked ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  5. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

You can download the program here, and you will also need to get the starter pack as it has models to start with, There is a lot of free content online that you can download, and you can also pay for the more advanced packs... however with your skills, a few minor touchups and you are done.... and it also uses Pozer content as they do a lot of the textures for the Poser Program

below is another one that shows what you can do with facial expressions

a download link... http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=daz%203d&tag=srch

I call her "pissed"

Attached Files:

6. Half Knight

You're a god.

...i managed to find the basic pack, but it has no models or textures (altough the quick start say that there are), so i coul'nt begin.

...now downloading all of them...if i could figure how it works, maybe we could have some animations! I've been fiddling a bit with the adobe Imageready, but no luck, i'm too newbie, but my partner in work knows a lot, so he's going to teachme the basics (i'm more of the artistic type, while he's the tech guy ;))

7. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I got confounded on the same issue... below is the link to of the models...
    couple of quick notes

• Clothing has to be made for that model to work with it
      always include an uninstall file otherwise you might have issues with finding some of the files
      when attaching items to your models, attache them before changin poses
      props can be used with any model
      ... more to come as I find them myself

http://www.download.com/Poser-DAZStudio-3D-Models-Pack/3000-6677_4-10581779.html?tag=lst-0-5

8. Half Knight

Yeah, i've found them with the other link you posted. I don't know why it's taking so long to download the models (last night i get the plugin to photoshop and the basic Daz just in 10 minutes, but now the model are taking like a half an hour and it's just at the middle of the download)...i've been fiddling with basic geometrics structures, and doesn't seem too complicated, it looks great.

9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Wow!

Ax and HK, you guys just keep amazing me!

10. Half Knight

Hey Ax, i got the downloads and i've been doing a little testing...but i don't have clothes availables in any file. It's another pack? The pack1 only have models but no clothes (where do you get the Chun-Li dress?); also where can i find the facial expresions?

Btw, look on the files in textures, there are the skins of the models, with a little photoshoping you can add color skin, and even tatoos ;)

11. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

yes, if you do a search there are a lot of freebie, i am in the process ofputting together packs and then i will upload to putfile

12. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

A sorceress using her wand on the fly...

I figured out how to change textures in the objects to turn one item into another...

Attached Files:

13. berzerker

berzerker Random Passerby

Ax

i saw this thread before but must have been logged off or some such - never saw that picture before.
    THAT is simply BEAUTIFUL.

14. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

Yeah... I was kind of thinking about the female magic users in TOEE when I made it....

15. berzerker

berzerker Random Passerby

there is enuff art talent that iwasnt too worried about doing any..

but thats so inspiring i may just have to download and try it myself after all!

Ever played SACRED? in that you could zoom in -its not IMO as pretty as ToEE but work like that makes me miss that feature - or wish i knew enough to write such - but graphics engines are the deal killers; that will still be out of my league even after classes.

Which female magic users were you referring to?

Our Host!