Dang Tilde key

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tricky Shoa, Apr 21, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tricky Shoa

Tricky Shoa Member

I know what it is and where it is, but I can't get the console to come up. Mystical words from my past keep popping up in my head >>'keyboard map', but I don't know how to look it up to make sure where my tilde key is. (I know that it is sometimes under the escape key, but I tried that and apparently it aint on my keyboard.) I dont have a crystal box version, but the european release, if that helps.

I am desperate and worry is ruining my natural boyish good looks.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The problem is likely with your game version. IIRC, the console (via the tilde key) is only available with the US version (?) of official patch 2.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

The console is only available with official patch 2, yeah. There's no "US" version, since patch 2 can be installed on all language versions (although it changes all onscreen text to English).

If the Tilde key doesn't work for you, try the key above the Tab key, if using a non-US keyboard layout.

4. The Rogue Trader

The Rogue Trader Established Member

The key under the Esc, over the Tab and left of 1! in my keyboard do not type (when shifted) a tilde (alt 126) but a |, however it activates the console without complaining. I red the hotkey.mes, but I couldn't found it, so I guess the programmers took in account the fact that the "Darn Tilde" isn't present in many international keyboards. Maybe with a little faith in the God of Keymaps it will start working more steadly for you ;)

Our Host!