crack for front end???

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by danni, Feb 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. danni

danni Member

so is there a backupcd crack for the front end co8 mod???

2. danni

danni Member

and one more thing, how do you see info about items and skills? druid armor proficiency, thats the only thing its says.. but what kind of armor falls under that category?

3. krunch

krunch moving on in life

No, there are no cracks for ToEE. Cracks are for implementing false serials or keys to run proprietary software, and cracks are illegal. ToEE does not have a serial or key to enter when you install the game.

Otherwise, we do not support making illegal copies of the ToEE game CD disks. It is not supported here. Besides, the game only costs 10 dollars.

You can buy an extra copy of the game using one of these links.

Here are 2 links to order ToEE from the USA.

1) USA Walmart
    jewel case version of ToEE

2) USA amazon.com
    retail boxed set version of ToEE

Here are links to order ToEE from the USA, Canada, UK, and Germany.

3) International (count'em) 4 different country amazon sites
    retail boxed set version of ToEE
    * scroll to The Temple of Elemental Evil
    You will see these links.
    Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de

Having said that, there is a no-cd patch to resolve CD disk related issues that allows you to run the game without using the play CD disk.
    * Do a google search for a patch. Search for exactly this.
    TEXT REMOVED
    Use the patched 33KB ToEE.exe file instead of the default ToEE.exe in the game.
    ** And, no, we will not provide or place links to it on our site.

Now, to answer your question about gear, you can use the help menus in the game; you can use shift-click when you have gear in your inventory; and you can search for, open and read the long_descriptions.mes file (open in notepad).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  4. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

I recommend that you buy a boxed version new or used that includes the excellent and thick (150 pages) spiral manual. It includes all the information you need to know about the 3.5 rule system (the in game help is really good too) if you aren't familiar with DND or the current rule set. The instruction manual can serve as a travel sized replacement PHB if you are in a pinch and a little creative.

I paid $49.99 plus California sales tax for the game on its 14 day premature release date (cheapass Atari) and less than ten dollars apiece for two used copies. Good luck and enjoy. I seem to come back to it every two years but I don't play video games much. You really want the Co8 fixes and content (voices and portraits) becasue they add very much to the playing experience. If only Trokia could have released TOEE with the Co8 5.05 content and bug fixes it would have scored "A" reviews and hopefully an expansion or competitor. I only wish that every module was made with the TOEE engine. DX 8 and turn based DND with 3d spell effects is super cool. I just finished NWN2 one week ago and have the expansion but I found that game lacking in some way and I felt motivated to play TOEE again instead of continuing with the same character in the expansion so that tells you how TOEE provides something you can't get from pretty realtime first person games.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
Our Host!