Couple questions on Co8 v4

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wanderon, Dec 4, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. wanderon

wanderon Member

I recently installed this but I did not install all the options available (ie:no desperate housewives, no remove fog of war).

I thought I saw something about a brothel being opened or reopened in Hommlett but didn't see any sign of it when questing about town - is that perhaps related to the DHousewives mod?

Also what would be the procedure to "reinstall" this mod? Do I have to uninstall it first or can I just reinstall it over the existing install to change options and then start a new game??

Also is this version likely to resolve the massive slowdowns/stuttering in the last areas under the temple? I quit the original game there as it became unplayable for me (I have no potions of patience available):D

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

I can help in the first part-- I also have the Mod, but without the Desperate Housewives or Fog of War thing- and I still had the Brothel and the couple of quests with it.

The Brothel is accross the wooden planks from Mother Screng's Place- behind where you talk to Mona about the Orb and Selena.

In the last part of your post- it may just be my system, but parts of the temple are running PRETTY slow, but not unplayable- but I had to take Scather out of my party (not just unequip it- actually put it in a chest in my house in Nulb).

3. wanderon

wanderon Member

Ahhh I see the brothel is not in Hommlett then so I just haven't got there yet. Thx!

Still would be interested to know the procedure for reinstalling the mod if I decide to do so sometime.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

You can just reinstall it over the old install, with one additional step if you are using Front End. From Front End, you must deactivate the module before reinstalling (or uninstalling for that matter). If you don't deactivate first, you will mess things up but good, and Front End will no longer launch the module.

5. wanderon

wanderon Member

Nope no front end - thanks for the help!!

6. Twism

Twism Member

I recently installed CO8 4.0 with all the bells and whistles but now I cant seem to get away from the first map screen and it will not let me talk to the traders. Can someone offer me any help with this?

7. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

ok Twism. Silly question time ;)

Did you install toffee (the frontend)? If so, are you launching the game with toffee?

8. Twism

Twism Member

Yeah installed Toffee and using the fronend to launch, have tried several times and can not leave the first map screen

9. Zebedee

ok. That you are reaching Allyx's mod means that the v4 is running. But something is obviously fubar.

What do you mean by not being able to talk to the traders? Could you just explain what you are trying to do? Have you got a character selected when you click on them to open dialogue?

(Sorry if these questions seem daft)

10. Twism

Twism Member

I have tried having the party approach a trader and then a single player approach a trader. I also have tried using the ring option to talk and all I get is an ok from the character as they approach and nothing else

11. Zebedee

Ok. I'm going to give you the console command to teleport to Hommlet. Now this is just so you can check to see whether your installation is corrupted.

open console (shift ` on a UK keyboard) and type:

game.fade_and_teleport(0,0,0,5007,487,488)

Try to talk to someone there. Same problem or not?

Try a new game (if you haven't already) with a totally new character. Same problem?

If this doesn't work then, I can only suggest the rather tedious, uninstall, reinstall and make sure that you are following the instructions exactly. Start a new game and report back.

12. Twism

Twism Member

Thanks for your help I will give your suggestions a try and report back

13. wanderon

wanderon Member

I read something in another thread about a level cap remover?? Is there a cap remover included in Co8 v4 and is it automatic or does it have to be "turned on" (FYI I'm not using front end).

What levels are you likely to reach playing "normally" with a small party of only 2-3?? I'm not a big fan of "solo" but was thinking about maybe trying a "dynamic duo"...;)

14. Zebedee

It used to be automatically applied and allowed you to play up to level 20. Someone else will have to let you know whether this is still the case. I'd really recommend the front end because that way you can fiddle to your heart's content.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I manage to get a group of 5 up to about level 12 in normal play by the end of the game, I suppose a dynamic duo may be able to reach 18th - 20th level by the end. Just a word of warning because some classes aren't fully supported beyond 10th level...

Rangers - can't advance beyond 14th level (a 4th favoured enemy cannot be selected)
    Bards - may not be able to select some high level spells (5th and 6th level spells)
    Sorcerers - may suffer with the same problems bards have (spells)
    Rogues - will loose one special feat at 12th level (it needs to be fixed in temple.dll)
    Monks - some high level monk abilities have no functionality (also a temple.dll fix required)

clerics and wizards may advance to 20th level but some high level spells are not coded yet.

Our Host!