Corrupt Saves and two-weapon bug

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kartharn, Apr 29, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. kartharn

kartharn Member

Hi folks.

I installed the official patch and your 2.0.0 patch. Since that, i played the game withouth a problem UNTIL:

I have 2 problems:

1 - When i exit the Temple Earth Level and travel to ANYWHERE and save the game, it ALWAYS got corrupted...in fact, several games that worked before becomes corrupted too.

2 - I chose the two-weapon feat for my rogue. I equipped a magic short sword and a magic dagger. BUT. Whe i look at my CLERIC, it turns out that HE is wielding his mace, his shield AND THE DAGGER!, right, the three items together with the appropiate AC and bonus except tha he has not 2weapon feat. and my rogue has the dagger too!.
    If i remove the dagger from the cleric then it is removed from the rogue too. If i equip the dagger again in the rogue, then the whole thing happens again...

Must i give up this game? i liked it...pity.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

Don't know what to say about the two-weapon thing, but I've had a strange corruption-related problem with my own game. It's happend a couple of times now (usually preceeded by the save window not closing on its own after I save). When I try to reload a save (say, because I rolled 5 1s in a row or something) I get a corruption message. What's more, once the save file I had loaded from on booting up the game said it was corrupt, though I hadn't saved over it, and it had loaded just fine to begin with. I reasoned that perhaps the game was mistaken about this, since it should not have rewritten the file at all, and lo and behold, after I turned off the computer, rebooted, and started up ToEE again, everything was fine, and all of my saves worked just dandy. Hopefully you're problem isn't any worse than that. If so, can't help ya.

3. FredSRichardson

FredSRichardson Established Member

When you say "worked before" do you mean that you installed the patch(es) and continued a game you had been playing? I ask because this could be the source of the problem. You definitely need to start a new game after installing this stuff.

Forgive me if you already knew this, but I got nailed by this problem myself so I thought I'd mention it. :)

4. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

yeap, starting a new game afterwards works....

Also, make sure to go to the properties of the game dir, and tell it to set all of it to non read only... that helps with a bunch of stuff

Our Host!