confusing

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by tom, May 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. tom

tom Established Member

Hello

I am a new member. i am not very computer litterate so i apologies if i have just missed somthing obvious. ( i am also dyslexic so apologies in advance for the spelling ).

for me temple of ellemental evil is the best computer game representation of the spirit of dungeons and dragons bar none. So i am really pleased to have found this site.

but having found the site im afraid i got rappidly lost.

Do you have a general itroduction page wich says what the site is about ?

is thier a history page wich states what the current state of toee is ?
    What in broad terms is the state of the game now - in simple terms of classes levles, etc.
    how is it diffenent from the original wich people are familier with. ?
    I understand that troika are now no more how has this affected things?

What if any are the aims of the site ? and how can peole get involed ?

i would be gratefull for any information.

tom

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Nope, we used to have a front page, but it was removed later. I don't remember what the exact reason for this was.

There's no special history page, but once you download one of our mod revisions (Circle of Eight Mod 5.0.0 with (optionally) a cumulative 5.0.x update pack will be exactly what you're looking for) you'll get a huge readme file which outlines the history of all updates, and also what's new, and everything else you were asking about above.

For one, another great game (ToEE in this case), and possibly the greatest game ever made, was virtually doomed to be forgotten as a buggy, never-fixed game, if it hadn't been for the work of all the wonderful modders on this board, who fixed a whole lot of bugs and added a ton of new content without having almost any support from the officials (with some rare, but meaningful exceptions).

The aims are rather self-explanatory: to create and release mods for the game to make it more interesting and varied. Getting involved includes downloading our game modification utilities (you may consider taking a look at the ToEE World Builder, Phalzyr's ProtoEd, and other utilities in our General Modification section), browsing through a ton of knowledge in "General Modification" and "ToEE Toolset Project Documentation" forums, learning all this stuff and trying to mod the game yourself. If you can come up with something substantial you can submit it to our forum afterwards for everyone's consideration.

- Agetian

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. kio11

kio11 Established Member

all the things he said would be cool if implemented into the stie

btw when reading "For one, another great game (ToEE in this case), and possibly the greatest game ever made, was virtually doomed to be forgotten as a buggy, never-fixed game, if it hadn't been for the work of all the wonderful modders on this board, who fixed a whole lot of bugs and added a ton of new content without having almost any support from the officials (with some rare, but meaningful exceptions)."

i thought i need to thank you c8 guys for everything youve done.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

There are currently some internal issues that prevent us from restoring the front page and possibly adding other elements to it. I've notified the rest of the site administration about it, and we are working on it.

- Agetian

Our Host!