complete insta-fail on ToEE FE X installation

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ossie, Apr 16, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ossie

Ossie Member

Guys, complete insta-fail on ToEE FE X installation. Followed installation steps precisely. Completely new installation of game on completely new system - has never in its life had TOEE installed on it before. Patch 1 worked. Patch 2 worked. Had not yet loaded game in any way. 6.0 NC modpack installed but when it got to the end & ToEE FE tried to autoload, got "Another instance of ToEE Front-End X is already running!". Nothing to do with ToEE had ever been loaded.

Loaded the normal game, no patch version was showing. On exit also had system freeze. Help?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Re: ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Just a few quick checks.

Did you let the activation finish completely with no interruptions or other programs running? Does it say 6.0 is activated on the front end? Did you try restarting your computer and see if you could play after that?

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Re: ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Restart your computer. That always cleared it up for me.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

C'mon guys ;), this is number one on the ToEE Troubleshooting Checklist:

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well as I am still using XP. I never think of that. :)

Thanks Gaear for giving us reality for the most probable cause of his problems.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Since you just finished installing, it's difficult to choose run as administrator from the already open Front End. If closing the Front End doesn't seem to do it, restart.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If you're having trouble with any aspect of TOEE running the way you think it should, this should be your first stop BEFORE posting a question.

Installation and compatibility check list, click the yellow words, scroll down a bit and after a few minutes of reading you'll almost qualify as an expert on making this game run. ;)

Many many many many of the problems we run into have already been seen and heard and the talented folks here have usually already found a solution, or at least an acceptable work-around for it.

Now ... I have some bugbears to whoop! :Being_a_s

Our Host!