Colorblind camp/rest mod

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gerko, Oct 24, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gerko

Gerko Member

Well, I managed to scrounge together some photoshop skills.

Since I'm colorblind (red-green spectrum) to some degree, I've been having some difficulty in spotting quickly whether an area could be rested in or not. Somewhat bothersome. So I changed the colors for that icon. The red tent is a little more intense, the yellow one a little brighter, and the green one has been blue-shifted. I've left the menu buttons alone because aside from being rather bright (and thus more noticably the right color), they're also very plainly labelled with text, and don't really need another visual aid. (Not to mention there's lots of 'em. Much more work.)

Don't know if anyone else around here is colorblind as well, but hey, might be useful to share anyhow.

Anyway, try it out if you like. Just unzip it in ToEE's root folder. Won't mess with anything else, and it's easily enough undone.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

-Gerko, would like to hear from non-colorblinds as well.

Attached Files:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Looks ok to my non-colourblind eyes dude, bright red and a dark-ish turquoise, nice. :D

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Got it! Haven't had a chance to test this, but can't see any reason not to throw her in KotB (albeit our colour-scheme is different. Have to check).

Nice work though :clap:

4. Pystal

Pystal Member

Great job.

I was just thinking about that the other day. I don't have color blindness, but I have relatives that do. I also noticed that the light green and dark green are close in contrast to one another. That is what made me think about it in the first place.

thanks,
    pystal

5. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Windmill Tilter

@Shiningted: I didn't change the onscreen UI, so this should fit in nicely.

@Gerko: Excellent idea. Keep you're eye out for anything else that is difficult to differentiate.

Cuchulainn.

Our Host!