Co8 Mod Pack 4.0.0

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Nov 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Here it is, thanks to the dedication and relentless work of our modders, and thanks to the help of countless contributors:

Co8 Mod Pack 4.0.0 :joy:

Cerulean the Blue deserves a special mention since he prepared the files and documentation for this release. And thanks to Gaear for getting the ball rolling.

http://files.co8.org/mods/Circle_of_Eight_Mod_Pack_4.0.0.exe

It contains all previous Co8 releases, moebius2778's temple.dll fixes, Livonya's 1.5.1, ShiningTed's 1.2.1 (including Playful NPCs and Desperate Housewives - the latter is optional), and Allyx's ShopMap V2 (also optional).

The list of things added/fixed since Co8 3.04 would be much too long to post here, so here's the gist of it:

- dozens (if not hundreds) of bugs fixed
    - lots of craftable items added
    - new armour & clothing
    - new weapons
    - new quests
    - new encounters
    - new dialog
    - new stores
    - new locations
    - new spells
    - new music/sounds
    - improved enemy AI
    - possibility to use more than 5 PCs
    - level cap can be set to any number from 1-20
    - customisable starting equipment
    - now with Agetian's ToEE Front-End

Prerequisites for the mod pack:
    Before installing the mod pack, you MUST install Atari's official ToEE patch 2, available here: ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/toee/TOEE_USA_ANY-PATCH2.EXE

Atari's ToEE patch 2 includes all the fixes from patch 1; therefore installing patch 1 is usually not required. However, there have been reports from people who could not install patch 2 without installing patch 1 first. If you experience the same problem, install patch 1, then patch 2. Patch 1 is available here: ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/toee/TOEE_PATCH1_ENU.EXE

You SHOULD NOT install Atari's patch 3. If you have installed patch 3 already and want to get rid of it, just install patch 2 on top of it.

Microsoft .NET framework 1.1 is required if you install Agetian's ToEE Front-End. Get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Feedback is always welcome! Please use this thread to post about bugs, issues, feature requests.

2. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

THANK THE GODS IT'S FINALLY DONE!

Great work Morpheus. Without you we wouldn't have this niffty installer version. Thank you. Now on to the Portrait Pack project.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Wait wait wait there is one more thnig I wanna put in there...

Nah just kidding! :p 3 cheers to Morpheus and C-Blue - WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! :clap:

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

*Sniff*

I love you guys...

EDIT: 2 days later...Fresh clean install; upgraded drivers; rockin' right along. This is my first successful run through with almost all of this new material (thus far, anyway...) including the Liv stuff. I gave it a shot a while back, but had 'no joy' with the installation (what with me being a computer dumb-ass and all). But this time, it's working just fine thanks to the comprehensive instructions, ToEEFE, and other features provided by the work YOU guys have put into it. If I'm a little scarce for a while, it's due to being busy in virtual Verbobonc slaying the evil & all like that...

I stand by my earlier sentiments...and add further---> NICE WORK, Co8!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

:yes: Word . . . you guys are the bomb. It's good to know that Co8's still got the mettle to get this sort of thing done! :dance:

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Finally! Now I am really proud of our community - after such a long period of silence the Circle of Eight has managed to collect, refine, and combine all available patches, fixes, options, mods, and supplementary tools into a unified mod installation, thus creating a new major release of the famous Circle of Eight fan patch - 4.0.0. This version really deserves to be called 4.0.0, and not 3.0.5! :)

I'm really proud of you, guys! This is a great demonstration of teamwork and unity in the Co8! It means that whatever each single modder has done out there has not been done in vain.

- Agetian

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Hey some of his stuff is good and he should get credit for it, no matter how he's behaved.

8. Morpheus

krunch: Please. I don't want this thread to turn into another Orion-bashing-orgy. We should all move on.

So, back to the topic at hand. what should we add/change in 4.0.1? ;)

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well here is some things I'm working on altho I might not do everything on the list...

pishella
    cavanaugh
    masterwork weapons
    sheilds
    helms/masks
    blue cape
    mountebank cape
    ninja tattoos
    slinky rogue
    mystic garb
    daemon
    kobold
    dragon

10. Agetian

I'm wondering: what state are the Allyx's latest spell modifications in? I've heard there were some polishing issues with them, and that's why they didn't go into version 4.0.0, but I'm wondering if there is any work being done with them at the moment. I would definitely recommend to polish this mod and include it into v4.0.1 afterwards. As I said, I'm not really sure about all the issues of that mod and what state it's currently in, and even if any work is currently being done there.

EDIT: Uh... and seeing all the amazing stuff that Cujo's working on right now, I'd say that we should definitely include whatever he'll be able to pull out in the Co8 v4.0.1! :) (a really amazing list, Cujo!)

- Agetian

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Firstly: Great work Morpheus & Cerulean the Blue, you guy's ROCK!:peace:

Secondly: 4.0.1, Thanks to the poll I posted, I now have a fairly good idea about what changes from 0rions mod the community like, so I want to start work on implementing some of those changes. The poll closes on the last day of the year for a good reason - I'll start on those changes on the 1st day of 2006!

12. Agetian

@ Allyx: what about the spell pack you were making? Are you still polishing it, or did you abandon the idea? Sorry, I'm a little lost in your progress in that area, but I know that it's definitely something that we really need (higher level spells).

- Agetian

13. Gawain

Gawain Member

Great work all of you.

A Request: Could you state the pre-requisites for the Mod Pack, something like, "You must have the game, official patches 1 and 2, Microsoft .NET Framework v1.1 (?),....".

Thanks

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've done all I can with it, but they're not quite working like the rules say they should. I think Cerulean the blue said he'll take a look at them, and fix them.

15. Morpheus

Well, it's pretty obvious that you need the GAME, isn't it? ;) The installation instructions that come with the mod pack explain what else you need - official patch 2 (and, for some people, patch 1). Microsoft .NET is only required if you choose to install Agetian's ToEEFE.

Our Host!