CN Opening map

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Number99, Feb 11, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

So I started a new game Chaotic neutral. This time I chose only spellcasters in the party. But I ran into an early problem! Because I don't have a rogue, I can not open the chest.

No problem I told myself, I openend the console :blush: and gave myself a scroll of knock. I used it on the chest and.... nothing, the chest was empty. If my memory is correct there should be a map in the chest. Right?

So there I am stuck on the vignette opening map... Again console to the rescue for a scroll of teleport this time. I used it and everything seems to work fine... so far...

Is there a way of getting of this map if one does not have a lockpicker in the party?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That is and always has been the one 'no-go' alignment in ToEE without a rogue. :shrug:

3. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

It's been a while since I played CN. A couple of years this time.
    As soon as the opening map showed up I knew I made a mistake. But thanks to Cheating.... eeeuh.... the console I was able to continue the game. I hope I'm not going to encounter more of these problems. But hey I know ToEE but ToEE doesn't know me!

4. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

You can get through the CN opening Vigilette(done this many times) w/o a Rouge you just have to make sure someone has points in the open lock skill and the chest on the opening vigillete is a easy DC that if you just put two points as a cross class skill and give him thieves tools he will open it.
    I have played plenty of parties without anyone with rouge starting levels and always make sure to give a guy Cross Class skills in Open Locks and sometimes even Disable Device..he won't be as good as a pure rouge but he can get the job done on the easier DC chest (the chest for the Arena of Heros not being one of them).

Our Host!