Clearing the Moathouse

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Nov 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK. so I cleared the Moathouse, all bad guys-even the crab- left nothing alive, especially not Lareth. I got his Diary, I took it to Furnok to get it opened, and then I read the whole thing, I went to Rufus and Berne, and --Nothing. No new Dialogue, no ending of the quest, nothing. What am I doing wrong??

2. kilun

kilun Member

That is all there is. You should be able to go to Nulb now. If you look under your reputation, you'll notice an new entry of "Moathouse Cleaner"

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Try talking to a few different folks - Jaroo, Black Jay, Terjon, there are various people who can give u the location of Nulb.

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Since the subject's been broached...I've got the rep(moathouse cleaner), but the quest is not the completed color...green. Is this a bug? I'm in Nulb, but there is some unfinished business at my little house there with one of the traders. BTW, it's really good, but I can't take those guys...not yet, anyways. Soon, though. Very soon.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I got the friend of lareth rep but the the clear moathouse was still blue - I think it went away when I talked to black jay (I was playing CG) and it went to green

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Well - I will try talking to the others- Black Jay-Jaroo (pretty sure I have talked to Jaroo since I cleaned the Moathouse) and I have the location of Nulb and have done all the quests I can there and am the Temple entrance-- my problem is I can't get the dang Homlett Quest Cleaning the Moathouse to go green, and get my exp reward. It probably won't be much but I'd like to complete it anyway.

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

what is your party alignment?

8. stygiandoll

stygiandoll Member

I don't think I recall ever being able to complete that quest. If you haven't noticed, the game is strewn with all sorts of wierd bugs and this is probably one of them. If it really bothers you, well, there's always the console hack.. (which I only just learned, thanks again Shiningted!) >>LINK<<

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Cujo's on the right track with the alignment thing - go back to whoever first suggested you clear the moathouse (Black Jay, Jaroo, Kentor Neeves etc) and chat to them.

Yes, it may be bugged.

10. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

My NG party got the quest completed after clearing the moathouse and talking to Terjon again, so it does work. I don't know if it works for every alignment, though.

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

OK _ I talked to just about everyone in Homelett again- no dialogue to complete the quest- I tried with my Intimidator, my Diplomacy person, and my gather info person on all the big names in town. My party alignment is NG so it sould have been Terjon, but he seems worthless now. Stuck in his same old loops no matter how I talk to him, thatnks for all the advice Y'all but I may just have to chalk that one up to a bug. It is nice to know SOMEONE (especially someone with a NG party) actually completed the darn thing.

Any tips on that Kalshane? Did an obviously new dialodue open when speaking to Terjon?--Did I miss some little obvious thing in the Moathouse (yes read the Diary-yes killed the crawfish...and anything else i could find anywhere inside or outsidde the moathouse)..... Hmmmm

12. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Did you talk to Furnok in the Inn of the Welcome Wench? I believe he can open the book for you - for a price.

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

OH yes Allyx- did that - Furnok the thief fleeced me for about 500g- what I am getting used to paying to end quests in this game :((( Like I'm made of gold or something. So I thought I was on the ridhgt track- heck even read the diary in front of Terjon and Burne. No luck.

P.S. Allyx did you read my Mobious Loop of life reply in my other post (about cure for amii quest)??

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You don't see many lawnmowers in Greyhawk do you. Umm, maybe you missed something in the moathouse? did you kill the Ghouls? and the Bugbears? Lubash the Ogre, and the Gnolls? If hte answer to all is yes there must be a bug.

15. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes Allyx, that is why it is Mobius Loop of Life. It pulls the lawnmower from non-existance on that plane, and yet still returns in a twisted way to the original place, in a way :)

It must be a bug Y'all, I slaughtered everything on that list and more :(

Thanks for trying, but it seemes that more people CAN'T finish that particular quest, than can :) Ah, well.

Our Host!