Circle of Eight Modpack v5.9.x / 5.9.x NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Aug 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Post any and all bugs relating to version 5.9.x of the modpack (both standard and new content versions) here. Please don't post bugs in the 5.9 General Commentary and Discussion thread in the ToEE forum.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

1. Captain Achan was charging you money instead of awarding you for killing the criminals (pc.money_adj had a negative argument instead of a positive one).
    2. The new NPC casters in AoH are doing incorrect damage with magic missiles for their level.
    3. Drow CR is way too high - the protos.tab field "CR" actually means EXTRA CR, so it should be set to 1, not their Character Level + 1 as it is now. (Drow get +1 to their CR due to their special abilities)
      This accounts for the huge amount of XP those encounters give.
      (I believe you've fixed this already, just making sure you did it right)
    4. White Dragon's "Fear" has wrong DC (currently 10; should be 20). And creatures with 18 HD or more should be immune.
      Also, it shouldn't require actually casting it as a spell - it's supposed to be an automatic effect. Perhaps this can be implemented via san_start_combat script?

Attached - fixes for 1 & 2, and partially for 4.

Attached Files:

3. Gaear

Thank you, Sitra.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

1. Unless I missed something, there are 14 drow in the tunnels, while the condition for finishing the quest is to kill 15 or more.
    2. Water bugbears shouldn't offer to defect if a regroup has taken place in the Water Temple. (that one's on me :) )
    3. Criminals have the "Stockholm Syndrome" thing going on, e.g. they return to their place after they die.

edit-

1. I've spotted the Viscount at WB... first map, NE of the shade patrol.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. Gaear

1. Hm, there should be 15 drow:

• 4 on the second level around the ladder down (rogue, fighter, cleric, wizard)
    • 4 on the third level near the middle (2 rogues, 2 fighters)
    • 7 on the third level at the end (2 rogues, 2 fighters, 2 wizards, and the matriarch)
    3. That's weird ... wonder why they do that? I'll have a look.

1. Yeah, he's there but he should be turned off until later. Was he just standing there, or did he have something to say? Can you find out what the status of variable 960 is when you see him there?

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

The manager's name of the Bistro is Darlia, a female name, but has a male icon and looks like a male model. I also believe his dialogue is broken.

I used the diplomacy feature (I think it was diplomacy) where I tell him I am new to Verb. Then he tells me he would like to me up on the Viscount job. I have no idea what he is referring to. Then my only option is to tell him I need to depart (default goodbye?).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  7. Gaear

Yeah, there's def something wrong there, I will look into it. I think this is how the whole 'I killed Wilfrick' thing is coming about.

Darlia is a guy, per Allyx. :shrug: Hence his sexist attitude toward women. He used to have a female model, I think, which was a mistake.

8. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I think you are right Gaear. I finished killing the drow and then I am forced to kill the Viscount.

Also, if you go to Prince Zook after killing the drow, then you cant tell him you killed them. You can only tell him you are still dealing with them.

Otherwise, I am amazed by Verb and AoH. The people cheering at AoH and the sound of cheering was amazing. I also loved the 3rd fight. Took me 3 times at level 8 :)

Attached Files:

9. Gaear

I think I found out what that issue was already - one of the drow wasn't registering as a 'kill,' so you couldn't reach the required number to complete the quest/tell Zook.

10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I was dumb. Nevermind.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  11. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Also, I found and killed Guntar (the first of three) and when I try to collect my reward, the dialogue box says 'Collect your reward' three times.

Also, if you kill the other two before coming back, and then say " I have information about guy 1" it allows you to tell where either guy 1 or guy 2 is hiding. It should only say about guy 1.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm doing 5.9.1 and in the moathouse gnoll room and the back bugbear room I get a blueface/white T called treasure map Ted1. When it comes to it's turn the initative bar greys out for a few seconds then combat continues. When the combat is suppose to be over it's still there and I had to re-load to get out of it.

13. Gaear

That's weird, george. They most definitely should not be appearing because they're flagged not to, and I just tested it in 5.9.1 NC and they did not appear. Are you playing NC or regular?

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm doing 5.9.1 NC. If you click it's portrait a red spot appears on the floor and it says treasure map Ted1. It's in a spot where a gnoll should be. Same thing in the bugbear backroom. Never seen anything like it. What the heck is treasure map Ted1?

15. Gaear

They are generic spawners, the things that spawn the MR creatures.

Any unusual circumstances involved - AoE spells, summons, anything like that? And is it repeatable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!