Character Height hack?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Phelot43, Apr 20, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Phelot43

Phelot43 Member

Hello all. First off, thanks for making this great mod!

Now for my question. I noticed a thread on why NPC height and weight aren't shown and was wondering if there was a way to change the height of player made characters beyond the max. and min. allowed by the game?

Is there some file that can be edited somehow? I noticed in one TOEE character editor, they had a field for weight and height, but I guess it doesn't work.

Thanks, and thanks again for all the hard work

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Those are game-engine presets that aren't editable. Maybe something in Temple.dll, not sure. You can change the size in protos and percentage of normal. Like Fruella is 150% normal size and large. She is a big woman. Meleny looks like a midget next to her.

3. Phelot43

Phelot43 Member

I see, thanks. I found the protos file and noticed that each NPC has something like "size_medium" and a number below it, usually 100. Is this the percentage that you're talking about? Sorry if this is explained else were, I can't find any mention of it.

Also, this file wouldn't contain any player created characters then I suppose, eh?

Thanks again.

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Column 6 is percentage of normal size and column 24 is size. 100% is normal and 150 would be 50% bigger for the characters in-game size. 24 is adjustable from tiny to gargantuan. A 150%, large/huge settings makes a really big person. Looks kind of awkward in-game tho. Meleny as big as a hill giant? Maybe.

5. Phelot43

Phelot43 Member

Thanks for your help!

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

A really HOT hill giant. ;)

Our Host!