Character condition medical journal

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by One nd, Oct 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. One nd

One nd Member

Even the newest player quickly figures out hit points and healing potions, binding wounds and laying on hands. I hope if you have any knowledge- or even theory on character condition – how they got it , how can be resisted or countered ect- that you share it.

First question-
    Do the summoned giant vermin, as druids cast carry, spread or expose the party or targets to disease? (Giant tick, spider and black widow.)

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Maybe you have found the answer to your own question, maybe not.

There are tabs above your characters' portraits, starting from the upper-left-hand-side. Clicking on them will tell you what kind of poison or disease or other condition affects the character.

The Heal skill when applied by another character should allow the affected character a second saving throw to resist the disease or poison (as these require more than one saving throw).

I think the Heal skill does not work properly in this regard, but I am not sure. Iirc, the manual does not mention this usage of the Heal skill. Can anyone confirm or deny?

3. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Actually the condition tabs, (poison, disease, etc) are UNDER the character portraits. The tabs on top are for buffs.

4. One nd

One nd Member

This is the kind of information I am looking for- I have used the heal skill to stop bleeding (-1 hp per round when negative). Does heal (skill) work on poison, paralysis or stat reduction?

How does the spell Resistance work? Especially with poisons that take two successful rolls to beat?

What other spells work to protect/ defend / restore character condition and how do they work?

Heal skill

Guidance
    Resistance
    Freedom of movement

Minor Restoration
    Restoration
    Remove blindness deafness
    Remove paralysis
    Neutralize poison
    Heal

And what else?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  5. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I have used heal when a character is diseased or poisoned, and it seems to work, but I usually have to cast it a couple of times first. I haven't noticed that it raises hps back up, though, when a character's hps are low, and I think that's what the Heal description says it should do.

Our Host!