Casting 6th level spells and above

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Nooblet, Apr 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nooblet

Nooblet Member

Can you? I know with removing the level cap you can get those nice 6th-9th level spell slots but how can you cast them?

2. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Yes, but only for some classes.
    Paladin and Rangers doesn't have 3th and 4th level spells;
    for all the others, you'll get very few 6th level spells and the slots for 7th, 8th and 9th to fill with lower level spells or with spells empowered with metamagic feats.
    Sorcerers can't rise up more than 13th level because, missing 7th level spells, you can't complete the level up screen.
    Weird that, if you click SHIFT for druids, you'll get an error message for new summoned creatures, while for good clerics, you'll be able to freely cast both cure (1st-6th) and inflict (7th-9th) wounds spells. Funny, isn't it? :D

3. Nooblet

Nooblet Member

What I ment was how do you cast the 6th-9th level spells. I have the slots all filled with things like maximized empowered fireballs and other spells with metamagic feats but when I go to cast them there is no options for 6th-9th. So how do you cast them without using the normal way for casting.

4. 0rion79

This is weird, because I just see them popping up in the radial menù like all the others. Maybe a stupid question.. did you rest 8 hours after assigning your spells to 6+ slots? What spellcasters are u using and wich metamagic feats?

5. Nooblet

Nooblet Member

Yea i have rested several times to make sure and it won't show up on the radial menu it only shows up to 5th level spells. I have a cleric, druid and wizard all 20th level with feats like empower, maximize, quicken, widen and such. I can load up the spell slots no problem and when I rest they show up as castable but I can't cast them do to the lack of option on the radial menu.

6. 0rion79

somebody told me that the game becomes unstable if a spell becomes empowered and maximized at the same time. I don't know what to say and I don't belive that it may depend from the feats. I may only suggest you to uninstall the game, look around the folders for saves and your generated charactes, save them apart, delete manually everything that is left of the game, install over and then install patch 2, Co8 3.4 (just to be sure) Liv's 1.5 and.... well, nothing else I guess. Probably something just messed up.
    Anyway, I suggest you to start a new game with only 1 PG, maybe a cleric so you don't have to get mad with skill points each level, make him of 20th with console and check what happens.
    I'm sorry I can't really help you.

Our Host!