Can't see secret doors. Again!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Luthien, Aug 14, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Luthien

Luthien Member

Ok this is my third time thru the game and this happened to me the last time too. I've deleted all my old saved games which solved the problem last time and rerolled an entire new party as I noticed my Druid still had two of his old feats carried over. All to no joy. Has both the current official and Co8 patches. Any ideas please as I would like to replay the game again. So fustrating.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

This appears to be a random bug in which so far no one has been able to pin down the factors involved for it definitively.
    I'm sure the board members here would like to help but I think we need more details before we can suggest anything.

When did you first notice this?
    Where did this happen?
    Which secret door was undetectable?
    Were you using an NPC to make the detect roll?
    Can PCs successfully detect secret doors?
    What was the previous DC for detecting the same secret door?
    Are your party members suffering from any spell/affliction?

Mail me your saved files (please zip them up and send to zhugetx@yahoo.com). I will take a look at the them when I'm free. I am currently facing a very tight schedule and can promise no fast replies though.

3. Luthien

Luthien Member

Hi zhuge

The doors are the ones in the moathouse incl. the secret staircase in the pillar leading down to the lower level. Unfortunately I've deleted all the files and reinstall the game and the patches again. This seems to be the only way to fix this problem. I've play thru the game 3 times and I've had to do this the last time as well.

There's no urgency as all the reinstallment seems to fix the problem.

Thanks for the offer of help. If this happen again next time I start the game I'll remember to save the file and send you a line. Cheers.

4. RedShift

RedShift Member

I used to get this regularly. I have found that if my first character begins as a thief, the problem does not happen, or at least has not happened the last dozen times I played.

Our Host!