Can Kella's story change?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Dec 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

Kella is actually pretty useful. Is it possible to change her narrative so she can be recruited by someone other than a druid? I had heard that a true neutral character can do it as well. But I have not had any luck with that. It makes sense that she would help a good party, at least. If a team has come to destroy the people she is spying on..why keep spying?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Kella can be recruited either by a PC druid or by any PC in a party that has a True Neutral party alignment.

The original pencil-and-paper role-playing module states the following about the half-elf Kella:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Given the change in alignment restriction for druids (must have one neutral component, rather than TN only), might it make sense to relax the original module rules a bit? I have to say I never recruited Kella to a TN party, while two druids is a bit redundant.

4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Scratch that, finally managed to read gazra's original module Kella info, which makes no reference to alignment (so the TOEE rules are 3.x-aware). Still, I think the point stands that few TN parties that are druid-sympathetic wouldn't already have a druid, and the original module seems to have Kella happy to support a Good party if it's obviously opposing the Temple's power.

Our Host!