bug with character info frame

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ihateregistering, Apr 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

At some point this little window with info about the character (name, HP etc.) for Elmo got stuck at the upper edge of the screen and stays there. See picture. It's really annoying since I can't see the damage enemies are dealing him other than looking at his health bar. Is there any way to fix this? Restart doesn't help.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

Some additional info: Reinstalling the game and the mods didn't help either... loading the save results in same bug. If I load a save prior to hiring Elmo, the bug reproduces as soon as I hire him. I started noticing this after I mapped some hotkeys for rogue skills with Furnok. I also noticed the hotkeys are preserved in the game from the old installation even though I reused only Save and Portraits folder and the bug appears and hotkeys are present even if I load save prior to mapping them. Any clues?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It's a flukey type thing. There's a proto field that controls that (Elmo's dad, coincidentally, used to have his set so it was way up in the sky like that permanently), but Elmo's is not set that way. :shrug:

4. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

Elmo's dad? Who the heck is that? But now that you mention it I do recall seeing some strange things when Elmo hit zombies in the Moathouse, message popped up above their heads, something along the lines "Hey watch it, dad". Thought it was just another random bug but maybe there is a relation? I did change some things with the protos editor at the beginning of the playthrough... namely raised Furnok's strength to 12 and Meleny's Dex to 16 :shy: but that's it.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Elmo's dad is Captain Renton - unrelated to zombies.

Our Host!