!!BUG: Craft Magic Arms and Armor!!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by rex_blade, Dec 3, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

I recently used spugnior and the craft magic arms and armor feat to try and create a magical Studded Leather +3 Spell Resistance[13] (which I happily named "Deadly Shadow Armor") for my rouge. Now the Armor is bugged in two ways.

1. When I check my armor tab, my 21 dex rouge/fighter should be getting her +5 dex modifier (studded leather = Max Dex bonus of +5) HOWEVER She's only getting +3 dex modifier and in the armor breakdown box (when you click on your AC in the inventory screen) shows "Bonus reduced by Deadly Shadow Armor". So I take off the armor, then it says "Bonus reduced by Lareth's Ring of Freedom of Movement". Remove that then, "Bonus reduced by ring of protection +1". Remove that then, "Bonus reduced by gloves of dexterity +2" add infinitum until i've removed everything from my character's paperdoll.

2. When I hover my cursor over said rouge while wearing the armor, in the floater box that lists name, HP, spell etc. it says "Spell Resistance[0]"

Has anyone else encountered these problems? Are there any work arounds?

Also, Lareth's ring of freedom fo movement seems to be causing an generic -1 to AC, but I have to look into that further.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I don't know if this is your problem, but I've had the following happen to me: I put something on, thought I should get a certain AC from armor and dex, but didn't. I then looked at the breakdown and found messages like you describe: "reduced by such and such". I finally figured out what was really going on was my character was encumbered. This limits your dex bonus, and I guess it got labelled incorrectly in the breakdown box. I don't know if this is what's happening with you, but you might want to check.

3. rex_blade

YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!?! THAT'S PROBABLY EXACTLY WHAT IT IS!
    I remeber now that my thief was indeed encumbered. AND further more the game's engine probably doesn't destinguish why an item is lowering your dex bonus, just that it is.

THANKS A LOT DOOD!

4. rex_blade

hmmm. that still doesn't explain the Spell Resistence[0] though...

5. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

You're right, it wouldn't. Do you still have this problem when unencumbered? If so, it would seem to be a separate issue. I haven't fiddled with the magic resistance at all, so I haven't encountered this problem. Perhaps it's an incompatibility with some equipment, like a ring or cloak. Try wearing nothing but the armor and see if the problem clears up. If it does, equip the stuff you had one at a time until the problem comes back (if it does), and you'll know what the cause is. If you remove everything and the problem is still there, we can be pretty sure it's a crafting bug.

Our Host!