Blind fight/ invisibility purge Qs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rickenbacker, Jul 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker Established Member

Does blind fight help w/ fighting invisible foes?

Also, I tried casting Invisibility Purge on an invisible foe &...it didn't work. :?

2. Lum Levits

Lum Levits Member

I could never seriously bring myself to pick up that feat simply because of the lack of foes you face who never use invis or sneak attack.....or darkness/blindness...but thats just me.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Drop a fireball on 'em and smack anything that's still burning. ;)

4. Rickenbacker

I tried the fireball too, but I wasn't seeing the red 'bad guy' circle target around em. So it would've just hit the floor & wasted.
    & I was surprised the blind fight feat didn't help me. I chose it specifically for the fight w/ that evil elf/ half-orc assassin chick. Nothing worked. =/

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Amen! She's a tough one! And then her henchies come into the fight all geared up with excellent equipment.

Do her side kicks all ways head straight for your mage too?

I love that fight!

6. Rickenbacker

I managed to fight & beat her, but I had to do it via an awkward "cheat"/ work-around.

I right (or left?) -clicked until I could see her yellow 'reach' circle. Then I opened my PC's option dial & chose Full Attack & placed the sword on her area. Hits until she died.

Has to be an easier way though.

7. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

I believe this is a known bug if you end up having to fight a non dispellable invisible version of the half orc. The issue isn't blindfight or Purge Invis; the issue is that she's bugged if this happens to you.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Funny, with 5.8.1NC I was able to hit her with a fireball.

Her two helpers didn't show up though.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Smigmal Redhand? Whether or not she's targetable probably depends on whether or not she's really there.

If you're trying to meta-game attack her while she's gone, well, that won't work because she's not there. Her .mob is turned off during that time. Otherwise I don't understand what the problem is.

I don't recall that she's ever supposed to be invisible. Her two henchmen are seemingly hiding in the shadows before they appear, but they're really not there either because their .mobs are turned off as well until it's time for them to get involved. This may seem unfair to some, I suppose, but imo orchestrating a cool surprise encounter trumps scripting for every possibility under the sun.

Our Host!